1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Healthy Diet Challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Dec 7, 2018.

1. I Challenge you to make your diet healthier

I'm starting this Challenge because I seemed to be the only one active in the thread "90 DAYS NO SUGAR CHALLENGE". What's more, 90 consecutive days without sugar seems too hard a task for me right now (also notably that nobody in that Challenge had even approached the 90 days).

Although I personal focus on sugar, it is actually about eating healthy. Whatever that is for you, for me it means: many fruits and vegetables and other natural foods, less processed foods, transfats and added sugar, more cooking.

So my own personal approach will be like this: I'm already eating pretty healthy with the exception of my sweet-tooth (or call it sugar addiction). For that reason I'm only tracking my consumption of artificial sweets / added sugars like this (for every day):
    3 = perfect - no sweets at all
    2 = nearly perfect - I ate for example one piece of chocolate
    1 = my old normal - maybe one chocolate tablet
    0 = overconsumption

Results of my past three days: 3-3-1

What is your way to eat healthier?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2019
    Shoto Jaya likes this.
  2. Today I'm at 1.9 in average. That means I'm doing quite better than before the Challenge (then it was ~ 1).
    I want to reach 2.2 !

3. emmsans

emmsans Fapstronaut

Hey!
    I'm in too.
    For me it's about controlling my diet, my habit of binge eating, and eating less junk food.

icebreaker polarstern likes this.
  4. Yea! Time to continue. I ate too much sugar on Christmas.
    Thanks @emmsans and have a good start!

emmsans likes this.
  5. Today I bought to groceries for the holidays. All healthy!
    Control what you're shopping and you control what you eat to a great extent.

I already ate all the cookies which my mother baked and gave to me after Christmas, because I'm thinking I have to eat it fast before I start my fasting. It's kinda twisted and oc it would be better to preserve the cookies for special occasions, maybe sharing them with others. But I really find it hard to keep things like this in my household without eating them.
    I want to fast until I'm used to a healthy diet. The next step will be to free myself also from the fasting-mindset. The best mindset in my opinion isn't one of abstinence and purity but one where you can but don't need or something like that.

For now I will just fast as good as I can. No alcohol, no drugs, no coffee, no (added) sugar, no junkfood - that's my simple formula. I will resume to track my days. It's either win or fail (0 / 1), no need for a more complex point system. That only invites failure.
    EDIT: BS! The 0-3 counting was good.
    @emmsans I hope you're still on board with me :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2019
    emmsans likes this.
  6. emmsans

emmsans Fapstronaut

Yes I am. Sorry for not posting here. I actually don't have a plan, for me it's more about controlling how much I eat. So I'm working on a plan like how much I need to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and all that stuff.
    I will post here more soon :)

7. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

Did you know chicken and beef have trans fats in them? Sorry to make things harder...:p

8. emmsans

emmsans Fapstronaut

Alright so I'm going to post daily now. My biggest issue is binge eating. Like eating to feel happy, though that doesn't happen. I'll post how did everyday and come up with better ideas as I go.

9. emmsans

emmsans Fapstronaut

Didn't eat much yesterday. So no problem.

10. I had some very healthy days nutrition-wise. Only on New Years Eve I had chocolate and some drinks.
    Had some thoughts about how other things are more important and that I'm already used to eat healthy most of the time, so why continue fasting?
    But then I saw how much I'm tempted by those little things and I recommited.
    However I still need to add some positive motivation. My vision is a healthier, fitter, stronger version of myself.

11. Continuing monitoring 0 - 3 for nutrition on every day
    3 = perfect
    2 = failure but only once and little (while choosing well and getting just the right amount of pleasure from it)
    1 = not very restraint but still ok
    0 = overdoing it / binge eating

Overall I want to say that I don't want to fixate on healthy eating very much, because I have so many things I want to watch / change right now. But I will monitor it as to get to a better mindset and a more healthy by time.
    And well I already said it above: positive motivation (fitness, health)
    - nutrition is only a part of this.

Awesome! how is it going with your plan emmsans?

12. emmsans

emmsans Fapstronaut

My diet these days is very irregular plus I have to travel and might have to move to another place, I'd come up with a plan once I settle down.

13. Don't worry my friend. I'm not sticking to my healthy diet either. So let's readopt it ASAP.

EDIT: restarting my healthy diet and the schedule of it NOW.
    Unfortunately I bought a pack of coffee. It is a trigger for staying up late and for eating unhealthy eating habits. Also it makes me rely on coffee as a "kick-starter" instead of better methods which I want to implement into my life (cold shower, exercise, self-care, relaxation, meditation and so on).
    My decision is to bring the coffee to my work place at the next possibility.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2019
    emmsans likes this.
  14. emmsans

emmsans Fapstronaut

I'm back home now which means all the diet plans are thrown out of the window for now :emoji_joy:. I'll be leaving next week but till then, I don't get to choose how much I eat :emoji_joy:

15. Having difficulties with the diet myself. At least I can say my intention makes my diet better (without it I'm eating way more sugar).
    What can I do? Monitoring more consistently! Other than that I hope that I can make more wise decisions in those moments.

However I'm still struggeling with p-addiction and then there are other important things. I can't force it (no sugar diet). If it shouldn't be then be it so. I'll just wait til the time is right.

16. I need to improve in this area. I make the excuse that it "doesn't matter" if I eat a bit of trash because I'm in pretty good shape and trying to gain muscle, but that's loser talk. Day 0. :)

17. Do you and @emmsans have some in common? Or is it by chance (the names) ?
    The problem with those kind of excuses is we got used to say them to ourselves as a part of is used to get its sugar/fat fix at some point and insists on that.
    So we must change the self-talk.
    Sometimes it's easy with just a little bit of mindfulness to exchange a craving / compulsive thought for something that we really stand for.

Deleted Account likes this.
  18. It's by chance, I'm the pretty sure. My name means "the solitude" in Swedish, FYI.
    Hear, hear. :emoji_thumbsup: