1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Headspace App / mentally treating yourself

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by onesmallstep, Jan 22, 2015.

1. onesmallstep

onesmallstep New Fapstronaut

Yesterday I came home to an empty house and I was tired and aching. Usually I would have logged on and fapped for hours on end then crawled into my bed. Instead - all of my own choosing - I went to my room, lit and candle and used the Headspace app (it's a free mindfulness programme although you pay for it after a certain number of sessions).

What a difference I felt afterwards!! Instead of feeling empty and ashamed I felt like I had been filled up with new energy! I genuinely never though abstinence from P/MB could feel so good, I just thought it would feel like a life without something I really, really liked.

It will probably get harder soon for me but instead of staying up all night and fapping to pixels I felt like I had treated myself, definitely a good feeling.

Making good choices in your life is a strangely surreal and addictive feeling for me at the moment.

I know I sound like a surfing philosopher but enjoy life folks!

2. great post. It's definitely the hardest when you find yourself alone with time on your hands