***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

CHALLENGE

Every day for a month, post three things you are grateful/thankful for in this thread.

[​IMG]

It doesn't have to be a big deal; it can be 1's or 2's on the happiness scale. That is fine.

The goal is to actively think about things that are good in your life, instead of dwelling on all the things that are negative or you don't like.
    (And yes, there is
    tremendous research backing this up.)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    CalmingBamboo, ibi, ndaty and 111 others like this.
  2. BushidoWarrior

1. I am grateful to have been born in a country with the second-highest standard of living in the world. Australia. We are the envy of most other countries.
    2. I am thankful for the beautiful, sunny weather today. Nice weather, and a happy heart.
    3. I am thankful that my arms and legs work. I don't have to use a wheelchair. I can get up and walk anywhere I want. That's a blessing not everyone has.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    hantyumi, artifact, born3 and 68 others like this.
  3. slowhands

slowhands Fapstronaut

That's a good move! Totally love the Challenge and I'm sure it's gonna be really supportive for us.

1) I'm greatful I have a family that loves me, everytime, everywhere, all the possible ways, always supporting me.

2) I'm thankful I had the chance to study, to gain a MA summa cum laude and, in general, to develop a good culture.

3) I'm thankful God gave me the chance to find out this forum made up of wonderful people and to see my life with new eyes.

4. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm thankful for my vision. It allows me to navigate the world, and see wonderful things.
    2. I'm thankful for my fears. They provide me an opportunity to grow and smash obstacles.
    3. I'm thankful that death did not come for me while I slept. I have been blessed with another 24 hours.

5. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for my ears. They allow me to listen to really awesome music (y'know: the kind of music that engulfs your body in dopamine chills).
    2. I'm grateful for the fact that every moment is a new moment. That means, no matter what, there is always a second chance to improve things. Always.
    3. I'm grateful that I live in a country with universal health care and a first-world medical system. That means I will never go broke from not being able to pay medical bills. Moreover I don't have to worry about going blind from trachoma, dying from tuberculosis, etc.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  6. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

Awesome idea! I'm gonna write these in my journal everyday!

7. Thankful for
    1. A smart brain. Yes smart, because it understands the scientific aspects better.
    2. Thankful to my parents for their sacrifices and
    3. The courage to do anything in this world!

8. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for the singing birds this morning. They sound beautiful. I love nature sounds.
    2. I'm grateful to live in a safe, crime-free neighborhood. I don't have to worry about getting mugged, assaulted, etc.
    3. I'm grateful for my uncle and aunt. They are awesome. They are kind to me, they are generous to me, and they provide me with far more than I deserve. And they don't judge me when I fuck up. I'm very glad that they are in my life.
    [​IMG]

9. ronswanson

ronswanson Fapstronaut

Great idea for a thread!
    1. I'm grateful for my new clients who I started working with today, and who seem really wonderful
    2. I'm really grateful I've made it to day 52
    3. and I'm grateful for my buddy Phil for leaving me some nice beer in my fridge :D

10. ronswanson

ronswanson Fapstronaut

1. COFFEE, DEARLY BELOVED COFFEE
    2. my fiance who has been extremely supportive and awesome this morning
    3. a website I found this morning giving tips for people who do the same job as me - it's excellent and it has given me tonnes of ideas

11. 1. For my mentor, who has been so supportive after I revealed her my problem yesterday.
    2. To God, who made me completely able, to overcome challenges and be successful. I have hands, legs and everything I need!
    3. For good food and clean water. Millions of children die of hunger. I am lucky to be honest.

12. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for my new laptop. I only got it three days ago, and I love it.
    2. I'm grateful for my sense of taste. It is going to make breakfast all that much more enjoyable!
    3. I'm grateful for humour. I like humour, and I really like funny things and being able to laugh at them.

13. ronswanson

ronswanson Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful to @BingeArousalAddict for this utterly excellent thread, which has given me a lovely little task to complete every day
    2. I'm grateful to my friend Emily who bought me Nick Offerman's biography Paddle Your Own Canoe which is simultaneously extremely amusing, thought-provoking, and an easy read
    3. I'm grateful I've got a motherf***ing day off today!! WOOOOOO!

14. rainingrn

rainingrn Guest

1. I'm grateful for my loving family
    2. I'm grateful for my education, which not many people get, and the opportunities it gives me
    3. I'm grateful for the internet which allows me to learn and connect with others

15. Pradeep

Pradeep Guest

1) I am grateful to be born to the patents who could afford food, shelter and education.
    2) I am grateful to all the people who were responsible in molding my life so far.Cozy Meyers-Guitar teacher, Sri Sri Ravishankar - Spiritual Guru, All the People who were/are nice and nasty to me.
    3) I am grateful to all my failures which has made me stronger and better in handling life.

16. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

Awesome thread, will post here daily!

1) I am grateful for my martial arts Master whom is also my Buddhist Teacher. She is a Master worthy of training under for life, I owe my life to her in fact, she saved mine.

2) I am grateful to be a vegan.

3) I am grateful for my LG G3 phone and Samsung Galaxy tab :p.

17. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful that I don't have a headache right now. Things aren't great stress-wise, but it could be a whole lot worse than it actually is. I appreciate that very much.
    2. I'm grateful for the peace and quiet this morning. This is why I love early mornings; not a soul in sight!
    3. I'm grateful that I am 25 years old. I am young, I am healthy and I am in the prime of my life!
    [​IMG]

18. rainingrn

rainingrn Guest

1. I am grateful that I live in an amazing country
    2. I am grateful for the freedom of religion that I have
    3. I am grateful that I always have access to clean water

19. Pradeep

Pradeep Guest

1) I am grateful that Yoga and Meditation has been happening regularly in my life.
    2) I am grateful to have learned basics of Guitar playing and am able to sing along.
    3) I am grateful to people who have accepted me for who I am.

20. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

1) I am grateful for this body my parents gave me, may I use it to achieve great spiritual heights and help many living beings arrive at the other shore (of enlightenment)

2) I am grateful my martial arts Master wants to open a Tea House in the future and suggesting giving me a chance to manage it

3) I am grateful for my Fuji road bike

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015