The Gillette ad that people are rightly pissed about.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Okay, harassers; the perception is no better. Message=men are no good dirtbags.

2. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

That is where I think you are wrong (well, it depends on who is saying it). The feminist culture would love to eliminate all masculinity. They hate the fact that there is a physically dominant sex. I believe the term "toxic masculinity" is pretty much a scapegoat to attack all masculinity. Why not just call it "rape" or "harassment" or "abuse"? Instead they dump it on men.

3. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

K, I'm done talking to you. I've already explained several times, very clearly, how that isnt the case, but you have turned your ears off a long time ago.

Omega. and MLMVSS like this.
  4. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

It does depend on who is saying it, yes. But we are talking initially about this ad, which doesnt seem to be attacking other positive aspects of masculinity. Just the negative ones.

Because these things are predominantly male issues and effect young men far more than young women. We dont teach young women to stifle their feelings and man up, or to establish dominance by settling problems with their fists, or that its okay to make sexually suggestive remarks to men on the street. Sure, some women do those things, but it's just not something women are taught all throughout their growing up like young men are. It honestly doesn't have to be offensive unless you take it that way. There are plenty of men who have no problem recognizing that this is predominantly a male problem. It just takes some humility to accept that there are some problems in the world that are predominantly male, just as there are some problems in the world that are predominantly female. It's just the truth.

Jennica, Gotham Outlaw and MLMVSS like this.
  5. john1780

john1780 Fapstronaut

I just imagine you all sitting around a tv then the add comes on and you all start arguing,lol you guys would argue or "debate" about anythin

6. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

We debated several times on whether the earth was flat or a sphere many times on here.

It gets interesting.

Gotham Outlaw and john1780 like this.
  7. john1780

john1780 Fapstronaut

8. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Do you expect the media to attack all characteristics at once? It will be a slow and steady condemnation of masculine traits. Just because the ad doesn't attack all of them at once doesn't prove it is not a function of the liberal media's purpose.

So the issues are more male, lets talk about the issues, not the males, do you see what I mean? Instead of discouraging street fighting and harassment themselves they lump it all together as masculinity. I don't have a problem with an ad that discourages harassing girls. I do have a problem with an ad that participates in the cultural destruction of masculinity as a whole.

DucksInARow and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  9. DucksInARow

DucksInARow Fapstronaut

1) Collectivise all men under one banner.

2) Single out context specific 'bad' behaviour and apply that to the entire group.

3) Step back and watch a lot of men boil over from years of struggling with self confidence, while feeling policed by the shame of group think. Use resulting instances of bad behaviour to justify step 2.

4)Rinse, repeat.

10. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Fapstronaut

I don't have a problem with the message itself, I just don't understand why to shoehorn it into an ad for razors. That to me feels like SJW pandering. We are all responsible for our own actions and treating each other with respect, that is common sense, it's what our parents and society teaches us growing up, it's why there exist (legal) consequences in our society if we don't. It's common sense that alcohol and drugs have negative effects, yet I don't need to see a commercial for a product that forces the messages "drugs are bad, mkay" down my throat. I don't need to see an ad for tampons and be reminded that "hey, don't be a misandrist and objectify and harass men looking sexy on the street". I don't need to see an ad for white chocolate and be reminded that "hey, don't be a racist and treat non-white people without respect". I don't know, maybe I'm overreading things, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  11. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I remember those. They were pretty funny.

MLMVSS likes this.
  12. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Boys will be boys. This bothers them.lol
    Nothing wrong with a little rough housing.lol

13. splinter

splinter Fapstronaut

ur wrong

14. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

???

Where am I wrong? At least explaining your position would be nice.

15. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

When the press attacks President Trump for feeding a Champion college football team burgers at the White house and gillette teaching men to be apologetic pussies, you know theres a soyboy agenda at work.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  16. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Heres the thing though, you never here feminist groups call out islamic extremists on their raping sprees all over the middle east and europe. Total inconsistency. They love that extremist radical male toxicity I guess.

DucksInARow likes this.
  17. Omega.

Omega. Fapstronaut

Naw man, ur wroooong.

That's automatic win for him. XD

18. I will enter this flame war. Hehe. @Ra's Al Ghul I figured you would start a topic about this LOL, I agree with you, and strongly disagree with @Castielle

Some points that I'd like to make:
    - As @AngelofDarkness says, this Gillette ad is an ad for RAZORS. I don't want to be lectured to, I don't want to be scolded by a company selling RAZORS.
    - Gillette doesn't give a fuck about "men doing the right thing". All they care about is taking your money. This is a cynical marketing campaign to target the SJW millennials who believe this crap. For people to actually believe that Gillette cares about this crap is the height of naivete
    - @Castielle you are coming across as a "woke-scold" in all your posts. Your woke-scolding is no different than the woke-scolding in the Gillette ad. No wonder you have no problem with it. I once remember debating with you about feminism and you characterized yourself as a 1st-wave feminist who just believes in "equality". But here you are showing yourself to be an SJW feminist. Just admit it. At least @Ra's Al Ghul can own his very politically incorrect views. Why can't you own your very politically correct views?
    - I use a Gillette razor. No more

@Ra's Al Ghul Bros!!! :emoji_metal:

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  19. I haven’t read this entire thread but I have watched the entire ad and do not see what the big deal is about it at all. Its message can literally be translated into “The best a man can be is a man who practices the golden rule; treat others as he would like to be treated.” If a man isn’t using their talents as a man towards the application of this golden rule within society, well, then they’re the problem with men and not the solution.

Jennica and Brokenman123 like this.
  20. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Lol, Bull's Eye on everything you said. I definitely felt the scolding and lecture even if she maybe didnt intend that. Its just another lame company getting their digs in on men.

Maybe theyre trying to change their customer base to buy their overpriced crap. Maybe lena dunham will now be their official spokesperson and use gillette razors to shave her armpits while she lectures and bashes men. Lmao

Deleted Account likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.