1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The feeling of loneliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Out of the Furnace, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Out of the Furnace

Out of the Furnace Fapstronaut

Hey,
    So did this feeling decrease for anyone? Very often when I come home to my place there is this huge feeling of loneliness in me and I heard some people reporting that it'll get a bit better with banning PMO from our lives. Any thoughts on this?

Gripseeker and dream1990 like this.
  2. Karimtolstoi

Karimtolstoi Fapstronaut

I think PMO is rather a result of loneliness at least for a lot of people not the inverse. So you should tackle the issue of loneliness first.

Creation_of_life likes this.
  3. dream1990

dream1990 Fapstronaut

i believe that PMO -as a quick dopamin rush tool- can make us less motivated to have a real and rewarding social life..also, PMO is connected to social anxiety and depression as many studies have proven. When we stop PMOing, we will generally have a better capability to enjoy ourlives . At the same time, when we start to develop more positive behaviours to get that normal and healthy dose of dopamin, we will get more distant from PMO. so i guess it is intertwining relation

Gripseeker likes this.
  4. Out of the Furnace

Out of the Furnace Fapstronaut

Thanks for the response. Needed to hear that to motivate myself going not only for 30 days but beyond. Have a nice day, keep strong keep going!