1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Today tibetn rites ,neck Bridges and 3 sets max pullups and PUSHups. Another long work day and the commiment and accountability is what got me to do the workout I did. Thank God for nofsp.

Xience and sagasing like this.
  2. sagasing

sagasing Fapstronaut

Hi i will join from today may be i will start with some skippings and will see how it goes.

Xience likes this.
  3. Xience

Xience Guest

Tidings.

sagasing likes this.
  4. Xience

Xience Guest

Alright I'll just try to log random things that absolutely got done each day, but this is only a fraction of all the exercise done. Just more convenient as I often train twice a day and don't plan all of it.

:emoji_on: Run in the woods :emoji_soon: :emoji_white_check_mark:

5. Xience

Xience Guest

Chinese Martial Arts.

Kung fu, taiji, qigong.

6. Xience

Xience Guest

Beast. I see Tom Hardy might have a contender.

7. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Welcome

8. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Along with the daily exercise for 90 days I am committing to abstaining from online chess and other online games. An exercise of the Will so to speak.

9. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Today so far the Tibetan rites, 3 sets pullups,bent rows and dumbbell curls. And neck Bridges. My max pullups now is 6, and I'm using 22 1/2 lbs for the curls. When I get to 20 pullups I'll start wearing a weighted vest. I badly shattered my right forearm and broke my left wrist about 8 or 9 years ago and except for the presribed physical therapy never applied the effort to build my arms back up. Not that they were award winning before the accident but they are weaker as a result. It will be interesting to see the improvement after 90 days. I don't think I've ever worked out for 90 days consecutively in my life. I have practiced aikido, krav maga, boxing , different sports and such but didn't do much in else in the way of conditioning while involved. Lack of discipline has been a stopper for me. This 90 days will I believe, put me on the road to bring a more disciplined person .

Xience likes this.
  10. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Shoulder day today:

Standing barbell military press / seated dumbbell press / six-ways* / Delt fly machine / shrugs
    Finished with an ab circuit of steep decline sit-ups / twists / plank

*those six-ways are no joke. I was doing dumbbell military press with 70's, and then felt very manly when I had to go down to 15's for the six-ways, lol

Thanks @SheMonk!​

Xience likes this.
  11. Xience

Xience Guest

12. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

Time to write here again. Proud to see that this thread is being used quite well!

Yesterday I had a really nice chest session in the gym (I still have muscle aching at my chest). Today I actually wanted to go to the gym as well, but I got overwhelmed by tiredness and (it felt like) thousands of mood switches. My body is de-toxing it self, and I have to bite myself through - persistance!

Today I exercised really little at home, I had little strength and will-power in myself. At his very moment I feel great and energized, though. I did some pull-ups and some biceps conectration exercises at home, time for the gym on the morrow, though.

No excuses!

13. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

There are sooo many aspects to Shiva, it would take days to elaborate on them all. Well, he is part of the "Trimurti" (three top gods, if you will) of the Hindu pantheon. Brahma, the creator. Vishnu, the preserver and Shiva, the destroyer. Those are the basics. (I am not a born/raised Hindu, btw. Shiva (and Hinduism) came to me quite recently through interesting ways, actually.)

Shiva is also known as the God of Destruction, yes. That probably sounds bad to many, but he is not evil. He is also known as the "Innocent One" among a million other names and aspects.

The reason he speaks to me, is due to many things. He is the destroyer of Ego and ignorance, meaning that he will come to you and drop-kick your ego in the face, when need be. He will strip it away and leave you with nothing but pure consciousness. Meditate on Shiva, and you will be able to see things for what they really are, and see through the illusion of suffering, desire, etc. He removes all the BS that weighs us down everyday, thus liberating us. You'll stop taking your Ego and hurt feelings too seriously, and become joyful and able to sit through any chaos, calm and collected (like he does when he sits in meditation).

He is celibate (most of the time, anyways). He is super disciplined and focused. He is able to remain calm in midst of any chaos, while meditating. He is the container/space in which everything happens, which correlates to you as pure consciousness, where your thoughts and feelings are things passing through, harmless. So imagine Shiva / Consciousness as the Universe, and everything in the universe, is happening inside him/It. And on a smaller scale, you are Shiva / Consciousness and your thoughts and feelings are like the contents of the universe. Roughly put. So by meditating on Shiva, you are able to watch everything that happens within you, with calm and ease and non-attachment.

He is chill as f*ck. He does not need your worship, such as certain other gods tend to. He does not demand your attention, your love, your eternal devotion. He does not need any of that to be what he is. He doesn't need or demand anything from you. He loves everyone equally (and immensely so). Everyone from the mightiest most righteous people, to the lowliest thief. He does not discriminate. He does not demand offerings nor dress in fine garments and gold, like other gods. He smokes and drinks, is the lord of dance and plays music. He is a devoted, faithful husband who sees his wife, Parvarti, as his equal and he is a great father also. A family man. He is the ultimate chill, down to earth and friendly guy you can imagine, and that really speaks to me. He is relatable on many levels, at least for me. :D

All that said, he also has a terrible temper once provoked and can basically destroy worlds in seconds when he is infuriated, and when his third eye opens, it turns everything to ash. So, yeah. Don't upset him. ;)

Anyway, I'm a big believer in the Law of Attraction - you get what you focus on, and all that - and in my experience it's not so much believing in Shiva as a blue-skinned man walking around, but more so the energy that lives in us all, an active, living, responsive energy which responds to us, when we tune in on it. And so far, I've had some really epic experiences with Shiva and the Law of Attraction.

But most importantly, as far as I understand, it all boils down to the fact that we are all the same 'thing' expressed in different forms. That's also what really appeals to me in Hinduism: the inclusion of everything and everyone - that we are all divine and perfect in our own right, humans and insects alike - as opposed to certain other religions where you're being excluded from the divine by birth as faulty, imperfect, incomplete people who somehow need to earn love and earn divinity and earn the attention of the divine, or else we'll be damned in some very hot, not-so-pleasant-place. That does not sound very nice, inspiring or loving to me. :/

Anyway, I'm sorry for the super off-topic rant!

IN RELATION TO THIS THREAD!

I have sprained my ankle and can't workout for 2 weeks. D':

Xience likes this.
  14. Xience

Xience Guest

Do you have a pair of gymnast rings? Lots you can do without having your feet on the ground! But I hope it heals well I've sprained mine dozens of times.

15. Xience

Xience Guest

[​IMG]

I don't know what to say. That is how I feel leaving my house to go run 3 miles on the school track nearby.

I made a mistake for dinner and feel that if I fail to get my a$$ out the door right now and get a rush of endorphins I won't be happy tomorrow morning :emoji_cold_sweat:

16. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thanks for the response. I'm a fan of the bagavad Gita-I used to read it nightly -but my knowledge of hiduism doesn't extend much farther than that.:)

17. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I just decided to throw that in . If I just say something to myself I often disregard it at the first desire. I should have posted it somewhere else.

18. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I should have posted it somewhere else.

19. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I don't want this to become a religious thread. I just feel the need to say that what you've described here is not what Christianity teaches.

SheMonk and Puretim like this.
  20. Xience

Xience Guest

Well I did 5 miles instead I just couldn't stop running. I actually lost count after 20 laps.

[​IMG]

I'm going to punish myself with running the remainder of the month. But such a sweet payoff it is.