1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thanks. I like the name 'shemonk' and the logo

Xience and SheMonk like this.
  2. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Leg day complete.

Squats (another awesome 4 sets, kicking ass with the weight belt) / Hungarian split squats /
    weighted jump lunges / seated leg curls / weighted jump squats

Please excuse me while I go and throw up now.

Xience likes this.
  3. zcurtis6109

zcurtis6109 Fapstronaut

I'm about to hit the gym. Abs, cavs, and cardio tonight.

Xience likes this.
  4. Xience

Xience Guest

Do I want to run right now? No. Is it easier to give into an urge and relapse? Ya it requires no effort. The urge is for endorphins. How you go about inducing the release of them determines how you will feel tomorrow. If you don't even try to make an effort to find a wholesome way of feeling good you're worthless. If you try and fail well you've shown you have what it takes to keep trying. When we stop trying that's when we start losing our sense of self worth which can lead to staying stuck in the vicious cycle of self torment.

0ed22268c807423a0f5af0f5f15fade7--cas-favorite-quotes.jpg

Children allow their genitals to control their brains. Ask yourself if you're still a child or if you are ready to take the helm of your mind and think and act according to reason not impulse.

Puretim and zcurtis6109 like this.
  5. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Thank you. :D It's Shiva.
    Regarding the name, I like the word monk a lot better than nun.

6. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Arms today:

Preacher curls / skullcrushers / cable curls / tricep push-downs / hammer curls

Will probably do some abs & calves a little later. And some streeeeeeeetching.

7. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Is Shiva the destruction aspect of God among other things?

8. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yesterday was a light pushup pullup day. Today I did a good kettle bell workout along with neck bridges and free squats fast and explosivaly to develop lung power. The exercise seems to help me stay on track with the no pmo. I've been more consistent with meditation and spiritual reading. I don't just want to abstain from pmo I want to become the best example I can be of what a good man can be. Especially since I have a 5 year old daughter who is going to base her conception of men mainly on what she sees in me. Thanks for everything to you all on this post

9. NightReaper775

NightReaper775 Fapstronaut

A great at home forearm routine, 5 minutes and 5 different exercises.

Also doing my pushups (4 series of around 18 and then 20), squats (4 series of ~10 and then 30) and abs (4 series of ~18 and then 40) routine, not really too much as I am pretty skinny still, but those numbers are going to improve a lot with time.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  10. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

The jokes write themselves.

NightReaper775 likes this.
  11. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Started the day with some light yoga type exercises. Will do upper body stuff later

12. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

10.90 is fast at any age. Good eorkout

13. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

This a.m. I did the 5 Tibetan rites. Later today I did max pullups and pusuops 4 times. 3 sets of dumbbell curs plus neck bridges. Also I have my daughter ,3times psr week and that involves a lot of running around at the park and stuff like that

14. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

CRUSHED my chest workout this morning.

Incline bench / flat bench / weighted dips / 90-degree pushups* / burnout with regular pushups

*these are plyometric pushups. You push yourself up, exploding off the ground, and in mid-air, twist your body 90 degrees and land back in a push-up. So if you started your pushups while facing the mirror, after one rep, the mirror would be on your left or right.
    What I love about weights is that the numbers don't lie. I lifted more weight and more reps today than I have in a long time, and I think a big part of that is the fact that I haven't had an O since June 19th. It's like I have all this pent-up sexual energy that's being pushed through my weight training. Feels awesome.

15. paraphysin

paraphysin Fapstronaut

Alternated running/walking for 31 minutes today.

16. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Today the 5 Tibetan rites, squats and neck bridges l do physical work on my job and today was a long day. So the workout wasn't much but I would have done nothing if it wasn't for the accountability I feel here. I did the squats fast and semiexplosivly and felt rejuvinated afterwards. Even after a long day working most of my tiredness is mental , I have plenty of physical left in me. So part of this 90 day challenge is to develop the habit,doing more over time and overcoming my tendency to give in to laziness. I also want to improve my physique and become deceptly strong and incredibly fit.

17. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Robert Dinero in heat.

18. Xience

Xience Guest

I have failed greatly. I will see this challenge through however.

I rode my bike everyday I was not posting here since I started so that definitely counts as exercise but it's kind of cheating because I ride my bike everywhere. But at least there was that even if I was drunk 3/4 of the time with my feet on the pedals.

I will return to form tomorrow with strength training and daily martial arts. As for the terrible karma accrued, I will be vigilant in my daily spiritual cultivation. The beast pushed me off a cliff again, I simply wasn't cautious enough to avoid it sneaking up on me.

19. Xience

Xience Guest

Pal if you're talkin' to me, I don't believe countin on luck is gonna get anyone over this safely. We make our own luck. Luck is derived through hard work. Lucky people are the products of their own making.

But thanks for the friendly gesture!

20. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Awesome, what style?

Today was back day for me:

Pull-ups / T-bar rows / seated cable rows with the wide-grip parallel bar / Machine pull-downs / burnout with some reverse push-ups (hang under a low Smith machine bar and pull my chest to it)

Finished with some calves. Did the whole thing in an hour flat.

Xience likes this.