1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Watchtower

Watchtower Fapstronaut

Got in a solid 2ish mile run yesterday and finished up with some sprints at the end. Plus had a fairly active day on my feet before that.

Today will be an upper body lift day + abs + a run.

Desperate_Warrior likes this.
  2. Watchtower

Watchtower Fapstronaut

Knocked out 5 miles on the elliptical last night. Keeping with it!

Desperate_Warrior likes this.
  3. Yesterday I did a hard 15K hike and today I had a more easy hike which was also only 5K. Been sick the last few days too so I haven't been able to do high-intensity exercise.

Desperate_Warrior and Watchtower like this.
  4. Watchtower

Watchtower Fapstronaut

Low energy today but was able to bust out a good workout. Pushups, some light abs, and then some interval running outside. Plus a light walk in the morning.

5. Watchtower

Watchtower Fapstronaut

Weights & abs yesterday. Rest day today.

6. Watchtower

Watchtower Fapstronaut

Pushup challenge + lower body today.

LoyalKnight likes this.
  7. Short strength training (bodyweight) and an easy 6K run.

LoyalKnight and Superadders like this.
  8. D-Mystifier

D-Mystifier Fapstronaut

Love the idea! I have been exercising daily for quite a long time, but I will post my workouts, the purpose, and a quick reflection for each day in November. Currently, I am training as a cyclist with the McGill cycling team. Previously, I was a rower on the UVic Men's Rowing team for a couple years. I am not sure what my future holds, but after taking some time off a serious training regimen I plan to get back into it, with the intention to race competitively this spring.

Wednesday, November 1st
    Workout: Road ride, with a focus on climbing hills (1.5hrs)
    Purpose: Hills are currently my weakness when it comes to cycling, my intention is to make climbing one of my strengths.
    Reflection: Spent most of the ride in the cemetery on Mt. Royal. No traffic, quiet and peaceful, interesting to observe all of the grave sites. Seemed like all the names were European.

Thursday, November 2nd
    Workout: Core/Hip strength exercises (45 min)
    Purpose: To continue the development of lateral strength in my hips, and to reestablish my core strength. I am hoping this helps me avoid injury, and improves my ability to recruit the proper muscles for cycling.
    Reflection: Super easy to wake up and get right to it, literally did the exercises on a yoga mat right next to my bed. Listened to some Imagine Dragons, I find music can make exercising at home more enjoyable.

9. D-Mystifier

D-Mystifier Fapstronaut

Friday November 3rd
    Workout: Yoga/Flossing
    Purpose: Gotta stay supple!
    Reflection: I try to incorporate stretching as much as I can, but often it doesn't receive as much attention as it should. It feels good to start your morning off with a yoga session, mind body connection.

LoyalKnight likes this.
  10. Watchtower

Watchtower Fapstronaut

Great work.

13,000+ steps at work yesterday including hauling heavy objects.

My weakness continues to be "unhealthy" lunches, relatively speaking. Since I'm on my feet and active at work, I get very hungry and thirsty at lunch time which usually results drinking two sodas with lunch (usually Jimmy Johns or Subway). It's not the end of the world since I burn most of it off and eat healthier on the weekends, but it would be nice if I could cut out this habit.

LoyalKnight likes this.
  11. av_2905

av_2905 Guest

Getting physiotherapy today for a shin splint. Then I'll work out chest and triceps.

LoyalKnight likes this.
  12. MadmanWithAFez

MadmanWithAFez Fapstronaut

I'm gonna try do some exercise every day this month starting today. I'm kinda hopeless when it comes to a workout so I did random stuff, I did 10 pushups, 5 chin-ups, 30 crunches, 10 squats, 50 jumping-jacks, rested for a few minutes then repeated the whole thing again.

13. Superadders

Superadders Fapstronaut

Nice one BrandNewGuy - good to see some serious athletes on here :)

14. Superadders

Superadders Fapstronaut

Try preparing lunch the night before?

15. Superadders

Superadders Fapstronaut

Good thread. Refreshing to see a lot of nofappers motivated to work out a lot.

Today I did a weights session targeting lower body - deadlifts, squats, lunges etc.

Im a competitive 800m athlete. Curious to know if nofap can benefit my sporting performance. Its not my main motive for doing nofap - but hey, if my personal best improves by a second or two because of it, Im not going to complain! Ive been on a bit of a rut recently and Im treating nofap as something that could break me out of my rut.

Some of my sporting inspirations - e.g. Mohammed Ali - practiced semen retention for that increased aggression...

16. Mavricko

Mavricko Fapstronaut

I've actually trained 3 times in 24 hours with heavy bench press. I'm very advanced, but this is crazy even for me and I'm not feeling fatigue at the moment from it.

17. D-Mystifier

D-Mystifier Fapstronaut

Saturday, November 4th
    Workout: Run (45 min)
    Purpose: Get some exercise, normally I ride on Sat mornings but I had an engagement today
    Reflection: Body is starting to adjust well to running. Battled some plantar fasciitis this time last year so took some time away from it. Sunrise was beautiful, really helps getting into a good rhythm.

18. Two short strength workouts and one longer workout at the gym (stomach, hips and thighs mostly) today.

19. UnderClass

UnderClass Fapstronaut

12km today after my really bad day in a work...

20. Strength training/cardio for 20 minutes and later I did an 8K.