1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Benefits of NoFap - Hair Regrowth

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by lonercub, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Jay.

Jay. Fapstronaut

2. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Not purposefully. I did rub my body and scalp in some oils and salt at the local steambath a couple of times. And I also used dandruff shampoo for 3 weeks.
    I guess I do a scalp/head massage a couple of times a week, after QiGong practice.

But like I said, I did not have any intention to grow my hair back, I just noticed it a few days ago and was like "YAY!"

However, Jay, I think you should try to get to 90 days and then if you see no hair growth, you can start looking into stuff. It is a sloooow process from what i can gather

3. Jay.

Jay. Fapstronaut

T
    Thanks man

4. Ubthl_

Ubthl_ New Fapstronaut

It depends a lot from person to person. When I fap, i can feel a heat sensation through my scalp and I believe this is the DHT released from the orgasm. But when I don't fap, the hair loss stops completely and hairs starts regrowing within the next days. It's about your hair follicles sensitivity to androgens.

5. Jay.

Jay. Fapstronaut

Ok so any ideas on hoe to elimibate DHT from tje scalp?

Also when you stop fapping, how long till you start to experience new hair growth?

6. Today is day 144 nopmo and I see no correlation between fapping and baldness. I started losing small amounts of hair at age 16. I started nofap at 17 and I have been doing it for 3,5 years now. I was about 70% of the time on nopmo. And I still lost hair, I decided to shave it off and accept it.

7. Jay.

Jay. Fapstronaut

When did you started to masturbate and for how long did you do it?

I know there are people who started to loose hair at their teenage years even without masturbating. It happens.

But I believe mine is caused by excessive masturbation. I took a photo last week. After I'm done with a 60 day streak, I'll upload the before and after photos here and we'll see the difference. I guess then we'll know if there's really a link between masturbation and hair loss.

8. Ubthl_

Ubthl_ New Fapstronaut

Scalp massages, cold shower, dermaroller, physical activity, you can also take multivitamins or/and amino acids, it helps a lot

You should also listen to this

Single Palm Change likes this.
  9. Ubthl_

Ubthl_ New Fapstronaut

Your hair follicles are probably more androgens sensitive than ours, that's why even on no pmo you lost them. I am 20 just like you but i can still grow more hair

Single Palm Change likes this.
  10. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Well, maybe you have some other issues preventing blood from reaching the scalp - "nerd neck" (spine and neck bending, cutting off blood flow), tight neck muscles, tight back muscles.
    Stress and general strain can be an issue as well, not enough energy. Maybe you need to look at your daily life and figure out how to conserve some energy and find time for relaxation - maybe take out 15 minutes every afternoon for a scalp massage and some stretching?

11. I started at age 11-12 but masturbed only once a day or 2 days

12. Jay.

Jay. Fapstronaut

Well as for me. I'm at day 8 and have not really noticed any major difference in my hair. Although about two days ago I stopped using any kinds of stuffs on my and now it kind of feels a little stronger. I can't really say, it might be all in my head.

I'll know for sure after a 30day streak or more.

13. Jay.

Jay. Fapstronaut

Man, hairloss is one of those things that really messes with your mind.

14. fowlerkenKes

fowlerkenKes New Fapstronaut

hi to all! give me plqase funny cats videois on yourtube

15. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Its all the jacking off and shooting your spunk multiple times a day for weeks, months and years. Eventually losing all that spunk takes a toll on a person..

16. Junkworld Druid

Junkworld Druid Fapstronaut

I know it's a long shot, but really hoping nofap had some benefits on my hair too. Being a metal fan, I had long hair for years, until the dreaded thinning caused me to shave it all off, don't feel like me without long hair.