1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Testosterone, Meditation, and Anger

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by James232, Sep 14, 2017.

1. James232

James232 Fapstronaut

So I'm on day 14 of both nofap and daily meditation. I was told that things from the past would come up as I meditate consistantly, and this has been proven to be very true. I woke up this morning in an almost rage-like state. Pissed off at my ex. I wrote a paragraph out that would DESTROY her if she is ever to message me again. I can't get out of this rage-like state. I can't focus on anything let alone meditate it out. I have a knee injury that won't let me work out, and a hip injury from which the pain just feeds my rage. How do I get out of this? Is this purely just a testosterone induced rage that I need to wait out?

vxlccm likes this.
  2. robz13

robz13 Fapstronaut

Meditation causes that bro. Idk what you believe in, but when I was meditating regularly this summer, at first it made me mad and depressed. I think thats your mind "cleaning out" the negative stuff. Depends what you believe. It should get better over time.

3. Slothman

Slothman Fapstronaut

Maybe you have a closet full of skeletons and they've been haunting you for a long time.
    Sort out your problems, if you fought with your ex the first step is to apologize even if the fault is hers. It's hard in the start but it will get easier you will lift some weight from your shoulders and hers.

4. @James232 You got great advice here. Also, I think you should take care of your health. Your rage is actually useful. Use that energy to do pull-ups and abs on a pull-up bar or wall bars, so that you don't affect your legs. I don't know if you would really feel good if you sent her that message. You are a young man, I suppose, so you'd feel much better and more self-confident if you kept on going without PMO and if you did pull-ups.

5. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    @James232 my sadness gets redirected as anger quite often. I developed that tendency semi-intentionally since the energy state is semi-useful as opposed to depression. Still holy unhealthy, of course. Just thought I'd acknowledge your feelings, because I've been there. My wife helps me work through it pretty often. Enjoying quality time with the kids or friends can dispel the red darkness. Know your enemy and do whatever it takes. Glad you're in the right place to take on problems instead of being numb -- good job on all your efforts.