Swearing off Shaving?

Discussion in 'Women in Reboot' started by Castielle, Mar 29, 2018.

1. I don't think a guy would post such a post in the women's section.

Ginny Weasley and Castielle like this.
  2. Roady

Roady Fapstronaut

Why should you shave?
    I guess knowing that answer brings you much closer to yourself :)

Retro Girl likes this.
  3. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

I don't really see what you mean. I like the way it looks better, and society is not accepting of women who don't shave. I'm aware that it's obviously not a necessity.

Honestly guys, I appreciate the feedback, but there's a reason I posted this in the WOMEN'S section. You guys don't get it. You have absolutely no idea what it would be like to be a woman and decide to give up shaving. Which is why this question was not directed toward you.

Ginny Weasley, Rancid Tove and Kenzi like this.
  4. Roady

Roady Fapstronaut

Or you don't get it :p

Sorry, I'm gone :D

Retro Girl likes this.
  5. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Good riddance.

Ginny Weasley and Rancid Tove like this.
  6. Roady

Roady Fapstronaut

I already am :p

Oh sorry, I would have gone

By the way:
    This is indeed the problem.
    I would like to advice: get rid of the need for social confirmation and the problem for shaving is solved too.
    And it shows there is some deeper issue to work on.

Retro Girl likes this.
  7. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Why are you still here? I've made it clear multiple times that this thread is for women and you and your condescension are not welcome here.

Ginny Weasley and Rancid Tove like this.
  8. Roady

Roady Fapstronaut

Sorry, I didn't want to bother you.

9. Rancid Tove

Rancid Tove Fapstronaut

I think he got the message.

Castielle likes this.
  10. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

My hair grows out pretty quickly (rolls eyes) & I love wearing less; tank top amd shorts are my go-to.

At one point, I got tired of shaving so often( for when I go to the gym/grocery shop where I see people for a short time and will never see again).

Now I’ll only shave if I’m with my bf or for a special occassion at church.
    Mayyybe randomly if I’m feeling nice. But if I’m tired, it’s totally okay to feel good in your skin without shaving.

Castielle likes this.
  11. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

That's great! Thanks for your perspective. Do you ever get weird looks or comments about it or anything?

Miss Winnie likes this.
  12. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

Nope. Nobody ever gets close enough to touch or see. No weird looks. I only get comments by those close enough to feel like if I lay on the couch with my sisters but it’s no big deal to them.

Castielle likes this.
  13. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing! I think just shaving past the knee has been working for me so far, so that's good. But it's good to know that you haven't really had many people notice.

Miss Winnie likes this.
  14. Hi Castielle,

I think this is an interesting post, thanks for sharing. I know how you feel about the dilemma between not shaving and shaving. I am a woman who likes the 'no shave' idea in theory and have felt inspired reading women's stories online about embracing their natural bodies and going against the societal norm, but in practice I feel a lot better when I shave. I just feel a bit depressed and ugly if I don't shave which annoys me because I know it's mostly societal conditioning. On the other hand, I remember reading that the Romans discovered that bacteria formed under the armpits making BO build up worse and that this was improved by shaving, so it's not entirely due to societal norms, there is also a hygiene aspect too one could argue. But further still, someone else could argue that there is nothing wrong with natural body odour and that is another societal norm we have all been forced to conform to. I think I am in the middle, I disagree strongly with the idea that women have to be virtually bald in those areas at all times, I think that is quite a misogynistic viewpoint, but I'm also not keen on getting super hairy and being smellier than I have to.

Anyway that's my viewpoints on it, it sounds like if it's hurting you due to a condition, a balance may be the best bet, or trying out a different shaving cream and razor. There are new cruelty free razors on the market and really nice eco friendly creams etc to try, plus of course soothing creams for afterwards to help with any pain or rash if you decide to keep shaving.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2018
    Rancid Tove and Castielle like this.
  15. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Thanks for your perspective! I totally agree with everything. Lol

I think shaving from the knee down seems to be working for me. :) whenever I do decide to shave, that is, which isn't often.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

It's funny to read this thread now. I very very rarely shave my legs, and thankfully, above the knee my legs are still pretty smooth even without shaving. Below... different story. Lol but I honestly dont care unless I'm wearing shorts or a dress, which is rare. Most days I would just rather wear pants than have to shave. I just shaved my legs the other day in preparation for some sexy times, and it was insane. Lol idk when the last time I shaved was... but I dont really care much anymore, which is really refreshing. I got used to that pretty fast.

17. EmmyB

EmmyB Fapstronaut

I have to wear skirts for work, so not removing hair isn't an option for me. Prefer them too TBF. Tip is use an epilator as the results last at least a week and it's somewhat painful so not a turn on at all. Pubes hurt like f**k!

18. Jen@8675309

[email protected] NoFap Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think I could ever stop. I pretty much shave everything and it's been my own personal grooming habit for years so I don't think I could break away from it. I respect women's decisions not to do it though, and I try to keep my own personal preferences and what I find attractive out of the equation.

Ginny Weasley, EmmyB and Castielle like this.
  19. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Fapstronaut

@Castielle, I just gotta ask. I know you originally said you weren't much interested in the male point of view here, but it's been six months now. Care if a man weighs in now? I'm just wondering because this was my first thought when I read it. If I had a problem, that every time I shaved, it itched like hell, I'd go have laser hair removal done. Removes the hair. Removes the shaving. Removes the problem. Out of the past six months, I'm surprised nobody has brought that up. Is that option off the table?

20. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Uh... what? I'm not sure you read my post at all. My reasons for not wanting to shave have nothing to do with being turned on by it.

That option is definitely not on the table. Its ridiculously expensive for something that's purely for vanity. Also, laser isnt permanent and I'm not even 100% sure it would be any less itchy for me than shaving. I mean, it probably would, but it might not, and that's a whole lot of time and money to spend on something that serves no real purpose and might not even fix the problem.

I appreciate the feedback, but I'm pretty happy with the balance I've struck. I pretty much just wear longer things and only shave for special occasions if I'm going to wear shorts or a dress or for intimate moments. I also dont shave above the knee, which has helped a lot, because that's most of what would be really itchy.