Swearing off Shaving?

Discussion in 'Women in Reboot' started by Castielle, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Would really love some female opinions here.

2. Rancid Tove

Rancid Tove Fapstronaut

Having such sensitive skin, the terrible itchiness, I can understand your choice. Itching drives me crazy.
    Not shaving has its draw backs too all of them aesthetic. Sadly, society has determined that hair on a woman's legs, etc is unsightly. The norm has been challenged a number of times but without continued success. We value our attraction too much.
    I don't like to be seen looking hairy and I have never considered not shaving. Though shaving my crotch is too uncomfortable, luckily that is something not noticeable in public.

Castielle likes this.
  3. ROFL :D

Castielle likes this.
  4. Would you be in favour of being called a Femstronaut?

I am not advocating that btw, because I think Fapstronaut sounds ridiculous as it is. :/

5. Yes, I think it is about time all of us started challenging so-called 'social norms'. It is just crazy that people shave their bodies simply because it is perceived as uncouth not to do so. It is only a trend anyway. It will change back later on. :rolleyes:

6. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

i tend to prefer waxing over shaving as i find it is much nicer/kinder on my skin and less irritating then a razor in the shower. i dont think it should matter what other people think; but if you have a SO you should make sure he is comfortable with your decision. under the eyes of god i personally think that is all that matters; others should not judge you for how wish to look.
    laura x

Castielle and Rancid Tove like this.
  7. Liveoak

Liveoak Fapstronaut

Not sure of the purpose of this thread. I shave my face every day. When I was having cam sex a lot I would trim up around my crotch probably to accentuate.

8. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Lol no. I think they both sound weird, and femstronaut makes me think of the word menstruation for some reason. :confused:

I could have my gender on my profile, but I don't really like to, and I don't mind when people mistake me for a man. Sometimes it's easier to talk to certain people here if they don't have any preconceived idea of me being a woman.

Yeah, I wish it wasn't a thing, but Idk if I'm willing to challenge it to the extreme. I just wish it never existed in the first place, so I didn't have to challenge it. Same with wearing makeup. I saw this post once where a girl said "how are guys so attractive without makeup" and someone answered "because society hasn't told them they need it." And that's so true... If women had never worn makeup, then it wouldn't be a thing, and nobody would think anyone looks bad without it. That norm I'm a little more willing to challenge, and I definitely don't always wear makeup. But Idk about the shaving one. :/

I was thinking maybe other forms of hair removal might be better, but I'm not sure if it would make a difference. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try, except that it's more expensive.

The purpose of the thread is blatantly clear in my original post. So it seems like perhaps you didn't even read it. Good for you. If you don't understand the purpose of the thread, then maybe it's not for you, and you can move along.

Rancid Tove likes this.
  9. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

i always found a wax was less irritating than a razor, the wax where you pull and strip it off, i think thats pure torture! waxing --- it isn't as close but it is good enough for me; but i agree it can be costly. as a compromise you could wear baggy clothes with air pockets on hot days, but sadly you will get odd looks with shorts and hairy legs. i hope you find a reasonable compromise.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Castielle likes this.
  10. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

maybe there was some misunderstanding, perhaps he didnt read the whole page and thought you was a guy considering shaving or not, and that is why he was confused well, thats how i read his post.

Rancid Tove likes this.
  11. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Thanks for the suggestions! It gets crazy hot here, but I might be able to do okay with a really light, longer skirt or something. For now I think I'm going to try just shaving up to the knee, because my thighs were the biggest issue, and those will be covered anyway

Truegamer007 and lauraS like this.
  12. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I wax.
    I hate shaving.
    Shaving is so... Tedious.... And ridiculous.. And... Painful... And time consuming... And...
    So it's ccheaper to wax.
    It lasts longer and it's worry free.
    I don't worry about what I wear when or if I missed a spot or something or ingrown hairs or razerburn or anything.
    And for sensitive skin, get pink wax. (it's a special wax)
    But that is my opinion.
    And my suggestion if the knee thing does not work...
    Good luck! :)

[email protected] likes this.
  13. lauraS

lauraS Fapstronaut

yay for pink wax :)

14. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Every time I've tried waxing... Which I think was twice... it's been a terrible experience. It's sticky, and I use the little strips given to rip it off and it literally does nothing. Nothing comes off, it just takes a bit of the wax off, no hair, and then leaves the rest of the wax behind and my skin is just insanely sticky and I can't get it off for days. I follow all of the directions precisely.

What am I doing wrong?

Rancid Tove likes this.
  15. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Not going and paying for it to be a service professionally provided.
    Home kits are bs.
    :)

[email protected] and lauraS like this.
  16. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Oh, so you get it done by someone else? I was confused because you said it was cheaper, and that seems really expensive to me.

Rancid Tove likes this.
  17. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

After 2-3 times you have less hair... I go twice a year.
    Been going for over a decade... My full body wax bill including tip is $120.00
    Thats $240. (my bill a year)
    If you change razors (like you are supposed to, to make sure you don't get staph infections - and also don't use the razor for your under arms that is on your legs - again to prevent infections) razors cost today about 20-30$ for 4-6 pack. (not including stick)
    4 razors (if you are using two at a time) last 1-2 weeks... That's $20 (on average) a week.
    X52
    That's $1040
    A year... On razors. (shaving regularly)
    And that's for the mid brand ones.
    You can go cheaper...
    You can go more expensive....
    I'd just prefer to wax.
    :)

18. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

I suppose that math works, but I don't spend that much on razors at ALL. I don't shave very often as is, and I definitely don't change my razor that often, nor do I use different ones on different spots. So waxing would definitely be way more expensive than shaving, for me. I probably spend less than 20 bucks on shaving every year.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Rancid Tove and Kenzi like this.
  19. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

But I appreciate the advice, nonetheless!

Rancid Tove and Kenzi like this.
  20. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Anytime! :)