Swearing off Shaving?

Discussion in 'Women in Reboot' started by Castielle, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

EDIT: I am specifically asking for female advice here, hence the reason this is in the women's section. If you're not a woman, this question isn't for you. You don't have the same experience of how women in society are treated when they don't shave, so while your opinion is valid and might come from a kind place, you just can't relate in the same way and its not the perspective I'm looking for.

So, I have a skin condition that makes me itchy basically 24/7. If I take pills for it daily, it doesn't become a problem usually, but there are things that make it worse. One is warm weather, which is happening a lot more lately here, and its frustrating. But another thing that makes it worse is shaving.

I haven't shaved my legs much at all this winter, mostly because of that and laziness. But it's been really warm lately and I wanted to wear shorts yesterday, so I shaved my legs, and I'm regretting it so freaking hard. So much itchiness it's ridiculous and none of my usual methods are helping ease the pain.

So anyway, I guess I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on not shaving? Has anyone embraced a no-shave lifestyle? I don't judge people who have, but at the same time, I've always felt like it doesn't look very good and like I would never want to do that. But now I'm kind of considering the possibility, unfortunately.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. I think shaving is unnecessary.

raymondsingh likes this.
  3. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

I think it depends. If you've been shaving all this time, people are gonna wonder why you stopped. Not all of them will ask you, but you gotta be ready to answer those that do.
    I've an itchy skin condition too, and yeah it gets bad sometimes. If it's too bad, definitely go without shaving. Better be hairy than uncomfortable I'd say. :D

4. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

You do?? I've never heard you say that before! ;)

I'm just teasing ya, I appreciate your views on shaving, and I, for the most part, agree.

Yeah, if I stop shaving permanently, I will probably just wear pants or leggings or tights when I go out. Im not really a fan of the hairy legs look. But idk... perhaps someday I could get comfortable enough with it to not care.

Thankfully my pits don't ever really get itchy from shaving, because I wouldn't be willing to cut that out. And honestly, come to think of it, my lower legs don't get nearly as itchy as my thighs, and I don't get much hair on my thighs anyway. So I guess that would be a start. Just don't shave past the knee and see how that goes.

5. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

And yeah, adulthood and marriage has made me really love and embrace the value of comfort over appearance lol

6. raymondsingh

raymondsingh Fapstronaut

buddy, why on earth would you want to shave your legs ??

7. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

Buddy, she's a lady. :p

8. raymondsingh

raymondsingh Fapstronaut

really ?
    it doesn't say so on the profile.

9. raymondsingh

raymondsingh Fapstronaut

are you a woman ?

10. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Because I be a female, bro

Ginny Weasley and Rancid Tove like this.
  11. raymondsingh

raymondsingh Fapstronaut

OK.
    but if that profile picture is yours, then shaving your legs is the least of your shaving related problems...

Rancid Tove likes this.
  12. raymondsingh

raymondsingh Fapstronaut

Either way i am gonna go with the guy above ( @ IGY )who says shaving is unncessary..
    It truly is.

13. LOL

Castielle likes this.
  14. Insert Tom Jones here :emoji_laughing:

Kenzi and Rancid Tove like this.
  15. raymondsingh

raymondsingh Fapstronaut

what' so funny ? anyone could have made that mistake. she does not have a female username, the gender is unspecified and the profile picture is not hers ( hopefully !)
    i think you are being a d#ck by acting that way.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Lol that's Misha Collins :p he's an actor, baker, candlestick maker.

Well yes, obviously. I don't think anyone would be able to argue that it's "necessary." But I posted this thread in the women's section for a reason. Because as a man, you do not understand how strange it would be, as a woman, to stop shaving completely. I would like to see if any women here have that experience to share. I'm not really interested in men who don't care about shaving. That just means you get to have an awesome beard. Nobody is going to think you're gross for that.

Thors a super nice guy. I promise you he's not trying to be a dick. He was just chuckling at my response, which I purposely phrased in a humorous way. Chill out.

I think most people would assume, from the topic and the fact that it's in the women's section, that I'm a woman. But it's fine that you didn't know. Nobody is laughing at you, it was just a humorous situation.

Kenzi likes this.
  17. No, he got it right cass. I am a dick. Just ask my wife. ;)

Sorry for the offence @raymondsingh
    Wasn’t making fun of you, just cass’s wording.

Kenzi and Castielle like this.
  18. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut Moderator Assistant

I personally do shave my face just because I hate moustaches, and I honestly can’t grow a beard to save my life.

For women, my main point is as long as your pits dont look like the girl from The Ring is hiding under there. It doesn’t have to be shaved, but at least trim! Hah.

I’d probably say the same for leg hair. If you can braid it, it’s much too long :p

19. ClaudeDuval

ClaudeDuval Fapstronaut

As a guy, I don't really mind. Being a shaved swim wear model all the time isn't really necessary. If my gf gets too busy to shave I don't mind. I just ask that she keeps the down stairs trimmed, I'm not trying to get a mouth full of pubes.

20. Rancid Tove

Rancid Tove Fapstronaut

That was funny. LOL.

Kenzi likes this.