1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Supplements

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by ModernRoman, Jan 10, 2018.

1. ModernRoman

ModernRoman Fapstronaut

There are many opinions on supplements around the web. Its really hard to narrow down on which ones to take or even if any is needed.
    It would be nice if everyone can list:
    1)Supplements you take
    2)Reputable scientific studies/articles published that convinced you on that supplement
    3) Your personal experience with the supplement
    4) Brand of supplement you are currently taking

A41:14A and Silver Skull like this.
  2. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

L Arginine 5000 mg Nature’s Bounty excellent for blood blow.

A41:14A likes this.
  3. Silver Skull

Silver Skull Fapstronaut

i take a B Complex vitamin supplement, i have found it to make me feel better all around to be honest, its like a boost on the operative system if i could put it that way, a patch i guess, also found some of that sweet science to back its use

there are more out there, but its important to be responible about this, all these supplements, i.e B-Complex vitamins sure have benefits but if used wrong they have side effects and risks, so my advice is do the homework first

Single Palm Change and A41:14A like this.
  4. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

Yes that's right, however there's also risks and side effects even if they are used correctly..
    i had two severe allergic reactions last week (when i realised it was the supplements causing the reaction)
    Was taking Armaforce BioCeuticals..
    So yes, do your homework like @Silver Skull says..

5. I used to take L-arginine and L-carnitine. I felt so awake and alert.

6. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

A good multivitamin and fish oil/omega3 is a good place to start.

I suggest you do a lot of research before grabbing anything other than that.
    I'm having a lot of benefit from 5-HTP, but that is because my digestion is really fucked up after years of binge sugar eating and stress. I imagine it wouldn't make a difference for anyone with a healthy gut.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  7. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

I think anyone serious would do more research and this kind of post would just serve as an intro for things they have not heard of yet. Here are a few things I either currently take or take sometimes that isn't well known.

PQQ (BioPQQ)
    coenzyme b complexes
    'Mr Happy Stack' (uridine, DHA, alpha GPC) - look up the Longecity thread.
    Brahmi (bacopa not gotu kola)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  8. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Multi Mineral tabs from KAL. Boron, zinc, selenium, and iodine are good for us all. Don't get enough from food alone.

Vitamin D. Don't get enough sun. 5000iu a day.

Ginkgo Biloba from Natural Factors for memory and mental acuity.

Either grape seed extract or i3c for estrogen metabolism. Now Foods brand.

About to start l-theanine for brain function, calm, and dopamine regulation. Also Natural Factors.

My three go to brands are Jarrow, NOW, and Natural Factors. NF treat their employees like shit, but their regulation in QC is unmatched (Canada).

9. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Started the l-theanine today and also NOW brand tribulus. Taking a total of 200mg and 2000mg, respectively. Anyone, particularly 30 plus years of age have experience with tribulus? I'm looking for better energy/libido. I don't expect it to work like AAS or something. More for feelings of well-being, really.

10. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

I can't help but notice people with short streaks taking stuff for libido. I mean unless it's P only doesn't that make it harder to reboot?

11. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

I don't have a strong libido, per say. I have a strong desire to rub one out for literally a minute or so. There's a difference to me. I'd like to have a strong libido and be in control of it. I don't know, it might be deleterious to my efforts, but I'm wanting to have both a strong libido for my wife, which I don't currently, and resist the urge to "gratify" myself with PMO daily.

12. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

I've been shown to have low LH and HIGH SHBG, along with a few years ago, a fatty liver. I'm doing all I can diet/nutraceutical-wise to get right with my body. Weird thing is, I've always been reasonable in body fat/weight in general, so the liver thing sucks. For two years now, I've been moderating fat intake. It's been helping, no doubt. Now body fat is low and energy is better, I think. Just making improvements where I can.

13. D0M4

D0M4 Fapstronaut

Omega 3 fish oil plus vitamin E
    Vitamin C complex
    Vitamin B12
    Magnesium (This one is actually very important)

14. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Oh geez, it sucks when you forget what you take. Yes, I take magnesium citrate as well. 50% DV of it, 2 caps.

15. D0M4

D0M4 Fapstronaut

I prefer magnesium direct.

16. Single Palm Change

I just picked up some magnesium. I hope it will improve my sleep and digestion. What's your experiences? @D0M4 @HooEmAi

17. D0M4

D0M4 Fapstronaut

It helped me to lower my blood pressure from 190-90 to 130-80 after 30 days of use.

18. D0M4

D0M4 Fapstronaut

I sleep alot better now and I don't have problems with digestion.Just be careful about what you eat.Cold showers and meditation helped me with sleep more than anything else.

Single Palm Change likes this.
  19. Single Palm Change

Oh yeah, I forgot about probiotics. I take those, i take a combination with 24 different kinds of bacteria in it

Thanks for replying.
    I have some pretty big digestion/stomach problems. I've changed my diet to No sugar, no dairy, no starch, no grains. Only veggies and meat. As well as taking Probiotics, I'm begginning to see some improvements

D0M4 likes this.
  20. One for the ladies, starflower oil 1500mg + B6 for hormone regulation. I started on it 4 months ago and it's totally balanced me out & pretty much eradicated PMT (including mood swings, body aches and just generally feeling rough & flu-y). My skin also looks more glowy and healthy :) it's made so much of a difference to my well-being, highly recommend it if your hormones are a bit bonkers like mine