1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Supplements

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Blake_1980, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Blake_1980

Blake_1980 Fapstronaut

just wondering if anyone out there has any success stories using any supplements during recovery to help get an erection. I use Meds when I know the gf is wanting to have sex, but was wondering if there’s anything more natural that a guy could take regularly along the way

2. RPos

RPos Fapstronaut

Zinc Gluconate or any other chelated variant.

We deplete it every time we ejaculate and is essential for the immune system, nervous system and producing Testosterone.

Try stacking it with Magnesium for best results. (also chelated)

Blake_1980 and FeelingFine like this.
  3. I second this. I consume ZMA (zinc+magnesium aspartate) every night and wake up with a raging hard on every morning. I use it primarily for deeper sleep and better recovery after heavy lifting sessions, but zinc also plays a crucial role in testosterone production.

Also, op, you may want to look for things such as nitric oxide boosters. Taurine and L-arginine help with blood flow and are both dirt cheap and safe.

FeelingFine, JaguarPaw and RPos like this.
  4. High dose vitamin b6 (~100mg/day - you need to buy the higher dose formulations, since regular pills are only like 1-2mg, but you can buy 50-100mg pills also) does wonders. When I had a flatline and stopped getting morning wood briefly, as soon as I started taking daily high dose B6 it returned immediately.

I think everyone doing NoFap should have high dose B6 in their cupboard. It not only massively reduces or completely eliminates flatlines, but it's also great to have around if you relapse or for sex/any planned orgasm, since high doses of B6 help block prolactin release, and prolactin release after orgasm is responsible for the crash that many people feel post-O.

I recommend taking ~200mg just before sex or ASAP after orgasm if that isn't possible for killing the post-O crash.

Tribulus is also great. The testosterone boosting properties some allege it to have are likely non-existent in humans since the research isn't very positive in that area, but it likely does have some nitric-oxide boosting properties, i.e. improving blood flow and making it easier to get an erection. I was finding myself getting a lot more random erections when taking it.

FeelingFine and RPos like this.
  5. RPos

RPos Fapstronaut

Tribulus is insane. I'm always super horny ALL THE TIME on this stuff regardless of what the research says. And no, it definitely is not a placebo. From the research I've read it stimulates the leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone.

FeelingFine likes this.
  6. FeelingFine

FeelingFine Fapstronaut

All of the above are great on their own or in combination.

Fish oil, especially high DHA oils like cod liver oil feeds the brain, nerves, and gonads (and all your other organs). Have with vitamin D and a good bone mineral source. Consume calcium supplements with fats to maximize absorption. All of these will work together synergistically. They also help improve insulin sensitivity. Add chromium and/or vanadium to help with insulin sensitivity. We need it for lower estrogen/increasing testosterone as well as resetting our dopamine circuit. Alpha-lipoic acid adds another layer to the insulin sensitivity solution.

Zinc, manganese (different from magnesium), selenium. Always use selenium with vitamin C and vitamin E (they help each other's antioxidant capacity), and glutathione helps them, too. Again, a synergistic effect. Adds another layer to the fats above.

Potent B-vitamin stack with the above will make your nerves and gonads feel feel "charged". Adds another layer.

Add tribulus to the stack and the LH spike adds another layer. Combine with an adaptogen like rhodiola, holy basil, or ginseng root. Cycle your adaptogens. They will help lower cortisol by increasing resistance to stress. Less cortisol means more cholesterol to convert to testosterone. Acetyl-L-carnitine will help increase free testosterone concentrations.

Add cruciferous vegetables for their anti-aromatase (enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen) activity.

Get out and sprint. Squat, deadlift, shrug, row, overhead press and push press. Maximize recruitment of large muscle groups, especially the hips and thighs, low back, upper back/neck. Punch and kick the heavy bag, beat the fuck out of it in short spurts / blitzes.

You will not only get rid of your meds, you will be accused of upping your dose.

Have fun gentlemen!

Blake_1980 and JesusGreen like this.
  7. Blake_1980

Blake_1980 Fapstronaut

I take 50mg of zinc first thing in the morning and 250 of magnesium before bed. Should I be taking them at the same time? Should I move the zinc to bedtime?

8. Blake_1980

Blake_1980 Fapstronaut

What form do you take it in? I think this is something I’ve tried in the past in the form of a spray under my tongue. Not sure if it did much but I’d be willing to try again

9. Blake_1980

Blake_1980 Fapstronaut

Can y
    Can you advise more on cycling adaptogens? I’ve read a bit about cycling supplements but can’t find much as far as a schedule or routine

10. RPos

RPos Fapstronaut

Just capsules dude. It's a herbal extract. I suppose it could be available as a spray, but there wouldn't be any advantage.