1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Suicide

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by FindingAName, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Vilcox

Vilcox Fapstronaut

Forgot you were living in Murika.

Join an extremist political group built on hate or something.

2. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

Hey. Wouldn't this just remind me of everything negative?

3. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

Gotcha

4. It is very helpful to write about your experiences. Yourself and others could learn something.

5. Vilcox

Vilcox Fapstronaut

Disagree.

It can actually fuel the emotions driving him towards suicide.

The main positive is that it can create great literature. But that's probably it.

Go out in the Sun is a better advice.

6. InfinitePossibilities

InfinitePossibilities Fapstronaut

Dear brother, it's true what you say. However, in my oppinion there is way too much risk involved. It is a fact that only 1 out of 10 people die from trying to commit suicide. What about the other 9? Many of them are seriously injured so that they are not able to commit suicide anymore even if they wanted to.

I see no point in taking this risk when all is needed is patience for this life to end on its own, without risk, without worry, just natural.

Last but not least there are people who try to commit suicide because they think this will give them some control over their life: "All my life i had to do what others told me, now it's my turn". In this case i'd say there are many many better options to show people who is boss in your life. It would be way more appealing to me to call my boss an asshole (just an example) and put my agression right where it should be, instead of directing my agression against myself.

I respect your oppinion, and i do in no way judge people for their beliefs, i just do not get what is the benefit of commiting suicide. I thought about it many times, but i did not find a single benefit of it. Mankind exists since thousands (tenthousands?) of years, 20, 30 even 50 years until nature does it's job are just like snapping one's finger. Excuse me for being repetitiv: no need to hurry.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  7. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

Benefit you speak of? Why, our suffering ends with our life my friend.

8. Vilcox

Vilcox Fapstronaut

You want to feel useful and needed. That's it.

9. InfinitePossibilities

InfinitePossibilities Fapstronaut

You're surprisingly confident by making this statement. I try to find words without being too new aged or esoteric, but there are more than enough scientifically proofed reports of near death experiences that suggest it's not game over after death... but that's just weird, isn't it?

10. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

While I can't be sure because I don't know what state you live in (and I'm not asking), most states now would consider 16 (age on your profile) to allow you to provide your own consent for mental health services. When you do this, you could state you do not want disclosure to your parents (they would likely only know about billing).

So you could get help without having to disclose everything. I'd suggest it's worth trying before you decided to make a permanent decision.

11. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

Are you sure?

12. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

It's not game over after death? It is for the guy who is dead. He gets to not wake up to his life that he hates

13. Vilcox

Vilcox Fapstronaut

Most people want that, even more than sex.

David K likes this.
  14. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

I don't see it

15. Cloud_Strife_09

Cloud_Strife_09 Fapstronaut

Question...you dont want to share anything with your parents...why? and how is your relationship with your parents?

16. Orangeraie

Orangeraie Fapstronaut

My recommendation can be seen as generic but i suggest you to read The myth of Sisyphus by Camus. When i was your age, it helps me (and other people) a lot about suicidal thoughts (they were less serious).
    Today, my life isn't better, it's even worse.
    Don't have unachievable hope, appreciate the miracle of your existence even if it's garbage. What i said can be optimistic for you but i think things are like this.

And don't forget your suicide is the final point of your life so make it like a big firework (don't kill people of course and don't suicide yourself on railways, everybody hates to be late :) )

Sorry, my english is not my mother tongue

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  17. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

Parent. And it's fine but I don't want the one person who has respect for me to know my dark secrets. It's just humiliating

18. ShaunyThunder

ShaunyThunder Fapstronaut

Those are the kind people you want to share those things with. People who are close to you are the only people that can handle that kind of information. You keep it to yourself and it very well may burn you up. That's what happened to my brother and I. It doesn't matter if its humiliating or not, its still reality and its not going away unless you work to change it.

19. Damn. No. STOP. IF YOU"RE STILL THERE, STOP.

I've been where you've been, just a few days ago. Trust me. Don't you dare kill yourself.

I'm not saying this because you have a family who cares for you, or for your friends, or whatever.

I'm saying this because you deserve a good life. You deserve better than suicide.

I know you're probably in a very bad situation, (maybe in a situation worse than I was in) as I was a couple of days ago, but DON'T QUIT.

Please, please, for once, just trust me. Here's why:-

Just a couple of days ago, I was worried sick because I felt like my life wasn't going anywhere.

1. I am in my final year of engineering, and I had learned nothing.
    2. The girl I was crushing on didn't seem interested in talking to me.
    3. I felt trapped by all kinds of restrictions whenever it came to doing anything I wanted to do, or liked doing.

And many more things.

But then I realised something important:-

What better are all these people, who post pics with their "hot" GFs on social media?
    They are nothing. Just dumbass dudes that took the first step towards getting what they wanted.

What better are all these people, who get really good grades?
    They are nothing. Just dumbass dudes that took the first step towards getting what they wanted.

ALL these people only did one thing:-

THEY STOOD UP FOR THEMSELVES.

They decided what they wanted, and went for it. Thats all.

They could have said, "Oh no, if i talk to that girl, i might mess up, so i won't", but they didnt.
    They could have said, "Oh no, no amount of studying is going to get me the grades i want", but they didn't

So in conclusion, my friend, all I want you to do is, take one step. Just one tiny step towards what YOU want to do.

You want to get that job? Do the first thing that could help you get it.
    You want to be with that girl? Just go and say hi, talk about anything, but talk.

STAND UP FOR YOURSELF.

And,

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!!

I did this too, and I can vouch for it, it WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER, AND TAKE YOU CLOSER TO WHAT YOU WANT.

Never, ever think about giving up or killing yourself. You only lose when you give up.

Cloud_Strife_09 likes this.
  20. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

I agree