1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Successful resolution for me so far !!!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Deleted Account, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Hey everybody , im grateful to be still sober. Yah..the first few weeks are the toughest ,but its still long way to go.
    I wish i can share what i have learned so far so i can make your streak more successful .
    First of all you need a strong will to control your mind.Especially this is crucual in the first few weeks . To set better your mind ,start your streak on a important for you date ,so it will give you less chance to relapse in the very beginning .
    You must have the ability to say ,,no'' to the urges ,and to divert your mind immediately from triggers you spot. Otherwise you are stepping on a slipery ground and its more likely for you to fall.
    Another trick i use when my mind is so week is taking mild sleeping pills when i struggle in bed . Instead of waiting in bed to get sleepy ,which sometimes doesnt happen for 2 hours or more ,i take the pills and i wait 30 min watching comedy movie or playing a game on my phone . After 30 min i clearly get sleepy and i fall asleep within 5 min .I tried this trick every day ,but it was unsuccessful ....maybe becouse you still need strong will.

Anyway...good luck to all and keep the faith

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2017
  2. Iamworthit

Iamworthit Fapstronaut

Thanks for the update! I'm still struggling to get past that first week. I was at 197 days, and it is hard not to feel like I'll never reach it again. Your story gives me faith.

Tonytone and Deleted Account like this.
  3. TheFlash123

TheFlash123 Fapstronaut

Hey..buddy congrats for the your 50 Days.
    Can you give us some tips for such a good streak ??

I had done only maximum 30 Day. After that, I'm unable to achieve it ?

What motivated you for such a good streak ?

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Hey there !!..Thank you for your post..I had my first streak of 30 days in 2012...after 21 years of unability to go over 20 days....so i was really proud to reach 30 days.... i was thinking then how to reach more days...it seemed imposible by that time to me......so i made a decision and asked for a friend to work with me as a chef de partie. We shared a room and it was embarasing if you want to M so i didnt which help me to make a streak of 60 day .After that i moved jobs and i relapsed next few days.

TheFlash123 likes this.
  5. wow...197 days is more than half year. Im sure you have the will power needed ,and proper technics ,all you need is motivation and you can find it by choosing a proper date....choose now a date you like ,but give yourself a few weeks.,so you can set your mind without pressure.You can make it. Just do it

6. Hey first of all congratulations on the 50 day mark :)
    Insomnia troubles me too. And what may work for you may not work for others. Don't you feel the urges on devices at night? Like thats all it takes for me to give up. Good luck for the 90!

7. Hi Guys...time for update :).... moving up is so slow...grrr...but actually im happy now ,becouse im past that first 2 weeks that are so tough. Urges are much weaker now ...and all it takes is concentration and diverting your mind on hard moment when they strike.
    Very helpful for me is going to bed early and waking up early . Also daily phisical activity makes everything smooth
    Keep the faith

8. Hey congrats man on your streak !! Keep going & keep inspiring!!