Sub Forums for Single Guys, Couples, Gays Etc

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by Buzz Lightyear, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

:confused:
    What is the world coming to?

HopefulChristian likes this.
  2. Feminism :p

3. Agoodguy

Agoodguy Fapstronaut

That's so true. I see it everywhere now.

4. :emoji_kissing_heart:

5. Agoodguy

Agoodguy Fapstronaut

Are you a progressive feminist?

6. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

You find what you look for, perhaps....what you EXPECT to see...or so some say.

7. Buzz Lightyear

All ideology is perversion; 'per-ver-sion', as in a turning away from reality. This perversion then leads to addiction, as in ad-diction, a turning towards words. We imagine ourselves at the center of the universe, and that it all pivots around us. A the one single idea to which all creation must bow is that of equality.

Sapere Aude.

8. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

Talk about sexism. I never said there should be a group for heterosexual single males, but I do think there should be one for heterosexual singles. I still do not think that it would be a problem and could be very supportive.

I stand by my previous comment that heterosexual single males is a minority on this site (ie <50%). I was responding to HopefulChristian's comment that they were not a minority. You made a comment about males only, I responded to it, and you start talking about oppression tactics, because you didn't mention females initially, which was the comment I was responding to? Some sleight of hand there. I am expecting an apology.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  9. Let's not get into the "what wave of feminism are you?" discussion, hon. I've already gotten enough crap on here for being outspoken. I don't distinguish my feminism. I will say that I do believe in "rape culture," separation of church and state, am pro-choice (obviously I don't like abortions) and de-sexualizing breast feeding. I think men who think women have more advantages over men are idiots. One thing that I DO think needs addressing is court favoritism for mothers when it comes to custody battles. My mom knew my dad would be better for me, but some mothers are selfish and think of themselves rather then what's best for their kid.

Star Lord likes this.
  10. You are not getting one lol. I was not saying you were oppressing us, just that the margin minority (which again, are females/women here) are seen as not being worthy of help. I also believe white feminism is a problem @aarondf, which ties into lack of intersectionality.

11. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

I thought this post of yours was aimed at me, since you mentioned me.

But this "classic oppression tactic" is you and Tesslynne. No one said in this thread that there should be a group for heterosexual single males, you and Tesslynne seemed to start assuming that women would be excluded, out of the blue, and for no reason, and then start making accusations of sexism, to a charge that you invented.

12. faithsullivan

faithsullivan New Fapstronaut

yes, I think that a sub forum for single guys makes sense. We face a whole different challenge as compared to those in relationships!

Buzz Lightyear likes this.
  13. Buzz Lightyear

Indeed. I am effectively in monk mode. I find it difficult to relate to at times with those in a relationship. Of course, I imagine it is often no bed of roses... still, our experiences are quite disparate.

14. Emphasis mine
    Honestly, guys. Checkmate.

So two separate gender groups/forums then? The women here have their own forum, since they are the minority.

Hmm.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2017
  15. Buzz Lightyear

You have committed the cardinal sin of misquoting a poster. No more chess for you!!

For what it is worth, I think there should be a sub-forum for heterosexual single males in their 40s/ 50s. Period.

The reason for having a sub-forum for mature single heterosexual males is to avoid inane conversations such as this.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  16. Did you not write the title either? I'm sorry I'm a little dense. Was "guys" a gender-neutral? If so, I do owe you an apology. However, it does go back to my original concern.

17. Buzz Lightyear

No, 'guys' is not gender neutral, it means men. There should be a sub-forum for mature single men to cater for their particular concerns. If that makes you feel 'excluded', then start your own thread and ask for a single women's sub-forum.

18. Lol why would I when women in general are already the minority?

We have a forum, like I stated.
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?forums/women-in-reboot.22/

Emphasis mine.
    Since I agreed with you and yet you continued, I have no other option but to think you like playing chess! :p

19. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

20. Buzz Lightyear

OK, my last post here. The confusion in this thread only goes to show the desirability of separate forums. No! Perhaps separate sites altogether!!!!