1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Struggle of my life

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Klegl032, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Klegl032

Klegl032 New Fapstronaut

17yo male here, never had a gf, never kissed, don't have "real" friends, father is on his deathbed and I cant even open up to my own mother. When I say no real friends I mean that I do have friends but only the kind I go out with to drink every other Friday. I've had a crush on a girl for about 5 years, were good friends but I just cant make myself ask her out. Main reason being I am afraid that I will run out of things to say because I am really bad at small talk and every other kind of talk as well. I don't think I have ever in my life been able to open up with these emotions to someone. Ever since I hit my teens I turned completely antisocial. I cant talk about this to my mother because even that feels embarrassing to me. As I said my father hasn't got too much time left, because of his liver cancer, that makes my situation even worse. I am utterly unable to have a meaningful conversation with another human being. On bad days I would come home after school and just tear up and wonder if this ever stops. I've been thinking about visiting a therapist but I doubt that I'd be able to open up to a complete stranger if even talking about this with my family makes me anxious. I am quite desperate for change right now and that's how I found nofap. If anyone else went through something like this, please, give me some advice. I apologize for any grammatical mistakes in advance, English is not my first language.

2. Hello. Soon to be 17 here. I just wanted to say that I really empathize with you and the situation you're in is pretty shitty. I've also had the same problem with not being able to open up, and in my case, it was because I've never felt loved and accepted. When people who are like that came into my life, it's changed. I, however, still feel very lonely and alone, and I sometimes want to punch, kick, burn, and beat those feelings to death. I realize that it's however normal to feel the way I feel, there's nothing wrong with feeling that way and I should accept it.
    That was a little off-topic. The point is, it will stop. You will find people with whom you can share deep stuff. My relationship with my father sucks very much, with my mom it's a little better but I still talk to her very rarely about deep stuff. I was able to first open up to people from the NoFap support group that I belong into. I like to think it's because they put themselves out there, shared something and I felt so accepted because I wasn't a freak anymore, they had the same problems as I did, which gave me a deep sense of belonging and of not feeling as weird anymore.
    I encourage you to do that. To find people who are not afraid to share. Or rather who are afraid, but they still share. And then they'll hear you out. If you feel like it, I'm here to hear you out. I'm one click away, just send me a private message. Sending you much love. You'll make it.

Klegl032 and D . J . like this.
  3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Don't allow the fear of the unknown to keep you in your current situation. You only think you will run out of thingds to say with a girl. You forget, it's a conversation and both people talk. She may more to say than you and thus you become a good listener. Your father may live to hear you go to him with your issue because it will take his mind from his liver cancer.

4. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

I would put too much pressure on myself and tried to socialize. Eventually i became like a servant who would please everyone just cause i wanted to be with them. But now i realize it's okay to be unsocial. I dont feel guilty at not having too many facebook friends, or not having too many birthday wishes.

Everyone is different and social is just a quality. Some people are good at making friends, some are good at studies, some are athletic, some are good at learning a new hobby, some are funny, some are good at technology.

maybe find a hobby and you will meet people of similar hobby. it's all right to have less friends. rather be alone than be uncomfortable with people around.

5. Pursuit__Of__Happiness

Pursuit__Of__Happiness Fapstronaut

Just remember this thing buddy, "Everything passes away, nothing stays." So, these bad moments which feel very hard will also pass eventually. Just hold your ground and have belief in yourself. I know it's easier said than done. But, this is the harsh truth. You are not alone my little brother in this journey. A lot of people in this world have gone through really bad times, and they have come out it when everybody believed they would never. If they can change their life, why can't you? You can, and you will. How? I can't answer it for you. The answer is within you and you will find it at the right time. Just hold your ground and don't lose hope brother. We are with you. Be strong. Rise and shine.

MrPrince, Burner1 and Klegl032 like this.
  6. Klegl032

Klegl032 New Fapstronaut

Well I wish I could tell this to my father but he can barely talk anymore, and most of the time he's to tired to even stay awake. And then there's the same problem I have with my mom, I just can't open up to him. I don't know why I have so much trouble with telling how I feel to my parents. But, I have looked up some therapists in the area, I think I am gonna give it a try and at worst just tell them I can't do this and try another one.

D . J . likes this.
  7. Klegl032

Klegl032 New Fapstronaut

Man...this was a great message. Actually made me shed a tear. This made me think of how amazing it is to be human and how irresponsible of me it would be to throw this life away. Even though I've even considered self harm as a last resort, I now promise to you, myself and everyone else who sees this that I will improve my social skills and build courage to do what I want to do or die trying.

8. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Most of us have a fear of failure when it comes to talking to other people and especially those with whom we have interest but that's why it is so important to face your fears early because those fears can be much more difficult to face as you get older.

Burner1 likes this.