Striving after change

Discussion in 'Women in Reboot' started by Siena, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Siena

Siena New Fapstronaut

I started when I was about 12 years old and since then it has continued. I've had days when I did it a few times per day. Now it has become an addiction, something I do when I want to feel satisfaction and more positive. However, afterwards, I always feel so disgusting. It takes my time and makes me break my self-discipline.

Now I'm planning on overcoming it! Right now my goal is one day and from there I will add one day after another, just take it slow. Sooner or later I will be able to set goals weeks or month into the future

EmmyB and Newgirl like this.
  2. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Welcome to the neighborhood,
    You are on the right track. Thanks for sharing your struggle with us hope you find the encouragement you need. Good idea to set the "one day at a time" goal. It sounds doable. You can overcome this addiction say it and believe and you will achieve it.

3. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Fapstronaut

There ya go Young Lady! That's the ticket. This closely parallels what I advocate to recovery. Love your plan!

Newgirl likes this.
  4. Siena

Siena New Fapstronaut

My first day is over and I succeeded. My next goal is to survive tomorrow. However, I'm gonna add No tv/shows/movies/Youtube on my list. This problem has kept me from my studies and if I want to get into my dream college, this shouldn't stand in my way. Just like the PMO challenge, I will take one day after another.

5. Siena

Siena New Fapstronaut

@GhostWriter and @Newgirl Thank you for your support :D

Today it's my second day and I had survived it. But it was hard, really hard. I can feel how big of a desire I have to masturbate. On the other hand, I understand how I get this desire when I feel bored or bad of myself. Therefore, I will try to find new ways to stop this. For instance, when bored, I read a book or take nap and when I feel bad about myself I try to do what I like or take a break from whatever I'm doing.

My tv/movie/youtube challenge is going not so good. I got tempted to watch some Youtube, however, only five videos. While eating, I watched a bit of an episode of my tv-show, but I turn it off as soon as I was done with my meal. So that is some progress.

As previously, I take one day after another, and my new goal is to survive tomorrow :)

Newgirl likes this.
  6. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Fapstronaut

Unstructured time is one of our worst enemies. Take a look @FlyingPizza's Journal. She has an excellent example of structuring your day from the time you get up til you go to bed on her Journal

Newgirl likes this.
  7. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

You should feel good about yourself cos you are making progress. You are being careful about your actions and by doing so you are learning about your triggers and reasons behind them. Stay happy :)

8. Prov2416

Prov2416 Fapstronaut

Ditto above....

You should feel good about yourself. Seeing and acknowledging the INTENSITY of the urges is huge. Yet you made it.

1 day at a time......1 day at a time.

9. Lovable king

Lovable king Fapstronaut

brothers i am trouble please help me ..
    every night i fapped unconsciously ... I am feeling so bad . . i fap during sleep on bed ... my productivity is low ... give me some suggestions please... help

10. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Fapstronaut

Ya know, at one point in your life, you trained your brain not to pee in the bed. I don't know how to tell you how to do it, but that's the principle you must follow I think. I know that probably doesn't help, but if you consciously think about it before you go to sleep, perhaps over the coming weeks, you can train your brain to withhold from masturbation in much the same way you trained your brain not to pee in the bed. Sorry, but that's the best idea I can come up with.

Lovable king likes this.
  11. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Fapstronaut

Don't know why I didn't think of this. Go Google "Sexsomnia". Yes, it is a bonafide disorder. Lots of material to research and learn on the subject.