1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Strength training without a gym

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Apr 27, 2019.

1. I decided I'm not a gym person. I'm scrawny and nerdy looking so the idea of lifting heavy in front of all them guys makes me anxious. I'm keen on getting rid of my pot belly and looking lean. I'm thinking bodyweight exercises. I've also bought a chin up bar. I'm thinking of combining this with intermittent fasting while making it to 90 day nofap. Would like to know if anyone is in a similar position or has had any success / advice ?

Rebooter124 likes this.
  2. You decided that because you are scrawny and look nerdy?
    Bruh that's why you should go to the gym it would raise your self-esteem, which seems to be pretty low.

There are many kinds of people in the gym and people go there to look better, feel better...
    You should appreciate yourself more!

3. Do bodyweight training, invest in a pair of gymnastic rings, buy a squat rack, a bench, and a good quality barbell. Slowly add equipment. That's all you'll ever need for a great physique. Rings will develop godly upper body pushing and pulling strength. Add some weight with a dip belt and in a decade of training, you will get world class strength. Legs too need same love with squats, deadlifts, etc. Do overhead press specialization programs.

Lots of ways to go about it. All you need is slow investment at regular intervals and it will grow with time.

Good luck!

4. Perhaps buy some dumbbells you can use at home to raise your confidence.

Deleted Account likes this.