Stop till December 19th

Discussion in 'Ages 30-39' started by brad23, Mar 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Dear All, This is my 4th attempt in 3 years. I did 2 successful 90 days challenges in the past. Now I am in a beautiful relationship. My GF is very understanding, I have explained my problems to her, we discuss almost everything. She in cool with PMO, she finds it normal. We live in different city and meet on the weekends. I don't think about PM during the weekend but during the week I indulge in PM. Which is hindering my work and motivation and focus.
    I want to be a better man for her, she deserves more than this. To start with, I would like to percent her a 90 days no PM. I don't want to abstain from sex, we enjoy it and feel a deep connection and bond during and after sex.

My Mantra for these 90 days:
    1) Do my morning routines(Sadhana in yogic terms).
    2) Cold shower every morning (& evening if necessary).
    3) Being aware of my internet usage..time & quality.
    4) Meditate for 20 minutes.

I will update my activities here every day.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  2. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Day 1: Felt a bit of temptation in the evening and late night. but not that strong.
    Did my morning routines(Yoga+breathing technique). body is responding well and it feels good.

3. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Day 2 : There were sure some temptations and urges but nothing so bad.
    Just realizing there has so much fog/grease accumulated all these days of PM...I can slowly feel the lightness/cleansing effect of abstinence.
    Couldn't shower in cold water due to sinus and cold. Will start again once i feel better.

4. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Day 3 : Did Yoga + breathing techniques + Meditation in morning.
    Practiced guitar after a long time..... learnt a new song and the lead section.
    I was triggered by some sensual topics on youtube...this was a bit provocative...but I could control my urges.
    There is more room for other things after the PM is out..

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  5. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Day 4 : I slept a lot during the day. I did my Sadhana(S) in the evening. They body felt light and flexible.
    I was involved in wasteful browsing youtube and other blogs... Which I need to minimize or bring under some restriction.
    Practiced guitar for a while, had a skype call with my GF in the evening and explained my experiences. She encourages me a M.. I clarified why I don't want to...she is happy about my steak.
    I feel more energy flow in the body. Head feels less clogged.

6. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Day 5: The urges are fading out. I am sure its because the stimulants are withdrawn. I need to further control my online usage.
    I spend a lot of time browsing youtube. I would like to instead spend time reading books.
    I would like to start with the vocabulary building book 'Word Power Made Easy'....goal would be to finish it with in this 90 days. Its been long pending.
    Feeling a bit sick, but I have to prepare for my exam tomorrow and the day after.

7. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Day 6: Not putting any effort to stay sober.Almost forgot about fapping. Nofap seems so natural these days. Looks like this is the most basic thing one should/could posses, that is taking charge of your sexual behavior. And from this basic platform any other goals could be achieved. I am thankful to my girl friend for helping me throughout.

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  8. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Day 7: nofap improves creativity...since the energy is conserved its manifesting itself as creative energy. Of-course if untamed its getting into sexual imagination.
    But this energy needs to be put into good use. Spent very less online and Intend to do so henceforth.

9. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Day 8: My Day was bit stressed because of a exam that I had to take... I beat the stress very well I should say.
    I had some alcohol in the evening but this did not affect my integrity(normally it does) in any way.
    Of course, effort of restricting internet was a bit unsuccessful...I browsed youtube for about 2 hours.
    Today's plan : Yoga & mediation, cleaning my room, staying offline as much as possible.

Jayaar and RobbyGo36 like this.
  10. Jayaar

Jayaar Fapstronaut

I love watching YouTube as I'm sure many people are, I really feel watching healthy videos that don't trigger an impulse help. At the same time I know that just holding a phone at the wrong times will get us in trouble. If we can just learn to let the devices go after we are done browsing then we win.

Keep moving forward Brad

Octoling, Deleted Account and brad23 like this.
  11. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Jayaar likes this.
  12. Jayaar

Jayaar Fapstronaut

Definitely, let's do it

13. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Day 9: Lots of time spent on the internet :/ ...definitely not good a habit ....Watched 2 German movies back to back.(just to improve my language skills ;) ). I did not do any of the listed things previously. I was feeling a bit sick..
    I am into job search and also looking for my Master Thesis in a company. That is my main focus now.
    Will be meeting my GF today evening. We will trek in the forest tomorrow. I will be busy the whole weekend. I will probably post here again on Monday morning.

14. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Day 10,11 & 12 : The weekend was pretty adventurous, hiking in the forest was refreshing. Spent some quality time my Girlfriend. She is very happy with my nofap efforts. I introduced her to this forum..she appropriates the whole effort.
    I feel some urges after coming back to my place. Hopefully things should stay under control.

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  15. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Day 13: Din't do much...spent most of the time front of laptop.

16. RobbyGo36

RobbyGo36 Fapstronaut

Just so you know, the urges won't fade for some time. In fact, they're likely to get worse the longer you abstain. A guesstimate based on my own experience would be after 120 days you won't have urges so much anymore, but ymmv. There will probably be days like this where you're not feeling much of anything and then others when its pretty intense.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    brad23 likes this.
  17. Duellant

Duellant Fapstronaut

Great!

brad23 likes this.
  18. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

thanks !! I will be vigilant.

19. brad23

brad23 Fapstronaut

Day 14: Spent a lot of time on entertainment, binge watching series and stuff (total waste of time & energy)
    I have been having disturbed sleep patterns since few days. Lots of dreams during the sleep !! I feel all this conserved energy(from nofap) is dissipating itself as dreams and excess thoughts(during wakeful times). Need to channelize this energy into something useful.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  20. RobbyGo36

RobbyGo36 Fapstronaut

You're welcome. I have to add one more thing: even when you pass the persistent urges mark, you'll need to be aware of rationalizing: 'Oh I went this long, I don't feel any urge to look at women... so why don't I just fap?' In my experience if you want to be done with this, give it up for good or else you'll feed your rationalization into going down the same road all over.

If you believe the M-ing exists by itself, you'll find yourself mistaken. PMO is connected. Once you start the M-ing again, the P will follow in short time. Good luck, rooting for you.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    brad23 likes this.