1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Still touching...

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Sometimes i find myself tugging and pulling my penis. It has became a habit i need to get rid of.
    Source- i do not think it developed from masturbation, altough it can... but the penis stretching exercises i did when i first started Nofap.

2. Stretching exercises?

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. I believe that i saw the post in someone's journal when i had started and it was to replace the ugre of masturbation with stretching. To me it was only benefits and not side effects.
    I had stop the exercises like after June exams because i was busy with work and school.

Now i find myself pulling without thinking.

4. Yeah did some early this year because of a post i red.

5. I'm not sure there would be any benefit to it except that you didn't masterbate until O. It could also damage yourself I believe.
    How many days into your plan?

6. I stopped after 3 months
    While i was seeing results, i noticed it was time consuming and i had to focus on more important things

7. More important things are good, they keep your mind busy. Maybe it would be good to also have something to do that you like to do, something that involves the use of your hands? If you can use this as something to do whenever the urge to tug starts to come up.
    It takes time to develop new habits but you have already been through it and beaten some things. It sounds like you are doing well and just have a bit more to take care of.

8. I suppose.. thanks for the recommendation. Any handy hobbies you might suggest?

9. What are some things you enjoy doing? Also is there something new that interests you?
    Sorry for answering a question with a question but it really needs to be something that holds your attention personally and I don't know what you like.

10. I just cautiously looked up the subject of young boys touching their privates (!) and apparently most do it. I did as a child and still did it until I stated this nofap game.

11. Spent some time thinking.

12. Learn guitar! If we can put in hours jacking off, we can put in a session per day learning an instrument.

Freiheit and Deleted Account like this.
  13. Okay. Whenever i notice myself doing it.. i would stop and do some chores. Its like a punishment my parents give me when i caused trouble.
    So chores. Also training my mind to reject the act of touching to begin with.

14. Yo @SirErnest thanks learning another instrument was a long term goal of mine. I can play the piano. But the guitar... will need some practice and memory.

Thanks.

SirErnest likes this.
  15. MasterRoshi

MasterRoshi Fapstronaut

I have found that changing my relationship to my penis was a big part of my recovery. It used to be a sacred special part of my body that brought me comfort. Since sobriety I have forced myself to not engage with it unless I’m showering or going to the bathroom. And now it’s mostly just another body part. It’s not meant for my pleasure or for my comfort, it’s meant to be shared with another person in a personal sexual way. Not with myself alone.

This reframe of my relationship to my penis is huge, since I’ve been seeking emotional comfort through touching and holding and/or PMO since age 8 I think. I’m 32 years old now. So not using my penis at all for this long is insane! But it’s a huge relief.

SirErnest and Deleted Account like this.
  16. Pretty much what I implemented.

SirErnest likes this.