Starting over again....again

Discussion in 'Women in Reboot' started by [email protected], Oct 3, 2018.

1. Jen@8675309

[email protected] NoFap Moderator
    Staff Member

I pretty much abandoned my last journal that I started a few years ago. I want to start over fresh and try again.

My Goals: Stop PMO forever, stop MO for 90 days and then evaluate.

Lately I've been MOing daily and I hate it. I know I want to stop, I know I'm capable of stopping but I just....don't even try sometimes. Here goes...

2. 2525

2525 NoFap Moderator
    Staff Member

3. Jen@8675309

Staff Member

I've already reset a couple times since posting...I feel like my addiction is stronger than ever right now and I'm not feeling very confident or hopeful but I'll keep trying.

Forgottenpmo likes this.
  4. Forgottenpmo

Forgottenpmo Fapstronaut

You can do it my brothers.

Praksh likes this.
  5. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Fapstronaut

Jen, I'm with you and praying for you. I have faith in you. You will be fine.

If there is one thing I consistently tell people struggling like you are right now that has helped them it is this: Take it one day at a time. Get up in the morning and say to God or your Higher Power: "God, please help me to remain clean just for today. That's all I ask. Help me make it just through today". And get up tomorrow morning, and the first thing you say is "God, please help me...". And you get up the next morning and do it again. Your 90 prize is admirable and most achievable. But focus not on the 90 days, but the smaller goals which will eventually lead to the big goal and you'll wake up one day and say "I made it". I've got faith in you girl! And so do so many others in here.

Elias Smith and Newgirl like this.
  6. Banjaxed

Banjaxed Fapstronaut

What he said

“Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not try to tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appal me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime”

There’s a saying that the most sober recovering addict is the one that got out of bed earliest that day!

Elias Smith and Immature like this.
  7. SpiritAnimal

SpiritAnimal Fapstronaut

Yay welcome back! It's the chaser, it's evil! Im on my third attempt / journal / user profile. I kept deleting it all and going off the rails again with the MO.

What are your reasons for quitting?

Ginny Weasley likes this.
  8. Dutchdad

Dutchdad Fapstronaut

Have you tried a good and strict AP ? Daily check in ? Really telling you off if you relapse but motivates as well ?
    Good luck this time ! 90 days would be awesome but 30 is something I've not achieved yet

9. Mr.Chips

Mr.Chips Fapstronaut

Maybe if you just set a new plan with a new strategy, like just note everything that triggers you and give it solutions to avoid. Reorganize your day routine with different tasks, also Journaling will keep you on the path. These things have helped me to give a strong start each time.

Praksh likes this.
  10. Jen@8675309

Staff Member

I feel like I just need to get a couple days under my belt and build up some momentum. I'm heading out this weekend for a camping/fishing trip, so there'll no opportunities to indulge. I'm hopeful this will be the kick I need to get motivated.

11. crazybutconscious

crazybutconscious Fapstronaut

I'm having the same troubles here too.

12. Solomon435

Solomon435 Fapstronaut

Hello!

I'm interested to see how your journey goes. I know you'll do it, whether it be on this streak or another one, you can do it!

I know what it's like to lose that kind of momentum. You reset for one day, but you're at the bottom of the barrel and you can't see a way out. It's a little tough getting on your feet again but it'll all be worth it.

Take care and good luck on your steak! :)

13. Jen@8675309

Staff Member

I had a good weekend and then had a reset after I got home. It's a new day, a new week and I'm moving forward. My goal is to make it through the week clean.

Immature, Newgirl, Solomon435 and 3 others like this.
  14. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

All the best, Jen!

Newgirl likes this.
  15. Solomon435

Solomon435 Fapstronaut

You can do it! Good luck! :)

16. Jen@8675309

Staff Member

I fell down again last night, so I'm resetting my counter. New goal: just get through today clean and not worry about the entire week.

Immature, Forgottenpmo and Robbiebob like this.
  17. DoGoodStayClean

DoGoodStayClean Fapstronaut

How did you fail? Always ask that. Was Internet available and you were alone?
    If yes, remove Internet when alone.

Robbiebob likes this.
  18. Robbiebob

Robbiebob Fapstronaut

Ho come on jen, you can do it!... Have a little faith in your self & try to muster a can do attitude...
    I used to be one of those mugs that slipped up time & time again.. now I'm day 27... If I can do it you can. .. Come on, pick your self up. ..R

19. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

I'm sorry to hear about the fall, and I think taking it one day at a time helps me as well. Good luck with your new goals! :)

Robbiebob likes this.
  20. Forgottenpmo

Forgottenpmo Fapstronaut

Good luck, STAY STRONG.