1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting a keto diet

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Lostbutfound, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Lostbutfound

Lostbutfound Fapstronaut

Alright guys so starting today I begin the keto diet, which I heard is good for you, there's only one problem, I have no idea how to begin it, so I figured I might as well come here and ask, does anyone have have any stories they would like to share, personal recipes, things to avoid, advice, tips and tricks, just give me anything that has helped them with it.

2. Jack challoner

Jack challoner Fapstronaut

Hello I started at 130kg unsure of my body fat at the time however now I'm at 95 with 17 percentage body fat I been on keto for over a year now my tips would be to forget calorie counting as this can be like shooting yourself in the foot in the long run due to the nature of the diet next I recommend picking a few simple staple foods to stick to for me they are Greek yogurt chicken and almonds so I have almonds to snack on if I'm craving in the beginning Greek yogurt if I need something fairly smooth and chicken with most meals this can be substituted with any meat really what matters here is that its unprocessed

3. ANJR6

ANJR6 Fapstronaut

What’s your goal exactly?

4. Lostbutfound

Lostbutfound Fapstronaut

Lose 20 lbs, no exact date on when.

5. Most important factor for weight loss is to be in a caloric deficit. If you eat burgers, chocolate, avocados, eggs, bacon, meat, vegan, vegetarian, whatever, doesn´t really matter. (I´ve been on keto for a 6 months)

If you want to try a keto diet, I recommend you to Dr. Eric Berg or Thomas Delaeur on youtube, there is plenty of information. But do not get trapped in the fact that fat is better to lose on the keto diet or on any other diet. It's always about whether you're in a calorie deficit. Always.