1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Staring at other women

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by Torn, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Torn

Torn Fapstronaut

I feel so deflated right now. Yesterday was going great -- my SO and I had been flirting and basically having foreplay on and off most of the day, and I was excited for some sexual intimacy with him in the evening when we could be alone together. Then, when we were out in public, as I was talking to him, he turned his head and stared as a woman walked by us. At first he denied it, but later said he was sorry. Words are not enough after all the lies. I've seen him stare at women before -- this is not new. I felt so disrespected and disgusted. It's like a slap in the face. I lost all the sexual desire I had stored up for him that day in an instant. Deflated. I could feel my self-protection kick back in after opening myself up to him. I felt numb. Then, I had a horrible dream last night about him and a couple of other women where he had decided to have sex with them and flaunt it in front of me instead of hide it.

I'm so tired of being sad, feeling undesired (or only one of the infinite number of others to desire), and not having a healthy sex life. :( I guess I'm just venting.

KevinesKay and MerseyPhoenix like this.
  2. Torn

Torn Fapstronaut

Thank you @Kenzi. That makes sense. I shared your ogling thread with him. There’s a lot of good info in it (ignoring the posts that derail from the OP). I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with this, too. Not sure when I’ll feel better or what he can do right now to make it better other than stopping the behavior. That’s the only thing that will work. That will take time for me to see.

Kenzi likes this.
  3. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I've been doing this PA thing for years now.
    That's a difficult sentence to say sometimes.
    Feel free to reach out anytime.

Torn likes this.
  4. MerseyPhoenix

MerseyPhoenix Fapstronaut

Hi,
    Sorry that your day was ruined. This is what PAs are like. They are not mentally monogamous and so look at everyone in a sexual way. It comes from sitting at a computer screen for thousands and thousands of hours looking at everyone in a sexual way. I think it will get better when the addiction is pulled into line/under control, but until then, please accept that you are not being personally rejected, he is just taking his PA out of cyberspace into the street.

TooMuchTooSoon and Torn like this.
  5. 'Mentally monogamous' - This is brilliant and perfect. I think it really captures part of the struggle for SO's, both with their PA partners and with themselves. I have seen accusations of SOs being too controlling or acting like the 'thought police' but in these cases the thought itself is also an act. It's a dopamine drip and yet another way for the addiction to cling to the host, like the parasite it is.

6. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Why it's the last thing to go, essentially..
    *nodding

Torn likes this.
  7. MerseyPhoenix

I think many SOs are hurt and confused because they don't have such low standards of mental monogamy. My wife is genuinely bemused by my P addiction as she herself has zero interest in it at all. She also does not ogle guys in the street and finds that bemusing too. She used to think it was a competition but came to realise P has nothing to do with Sex.

KevinesKay and Torn like this.
  8. Torn

Torn Fapstronaut

Thanks @cheshirelife51. That makes sense. It still feels like a rejection, though.

"Mentally monogamous" is a great term. That's similar to what I explained to my SO yesterday. There is physical, mental, and spiritual loyalty. I am loyal to him in all those ways. I want the same in return. I asked him how it's fair that he does not treat me the same way in return? Treat others as you'd like to be treated, you know.

9. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I personally think women confuse love and sex too much.
    But to add... I also have to tell my SO that.
    And if he believes that... He should have stopped long ago.
    This is a whole other mess.
    Maybe People confuse the two.
    Idk.
    I just know for me... Sex and love are different

KevinesKay and Torn like this.
  10. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

And yes.
    Different levels of loyalty

TooMuchTooSoon and Torn like this.
  11. MerseyPhoenix

Gosh Kenzi, sex and love can be different and they can be the same. For PAs the M and O they experience has nothing to do with love and that's the majority of them for most of us I'd say. It's only a short journey then to start messing up sex with a partner and love. For instance, I worry that PAs use sex with a partner as a psub?

KevinesKay, Kenzi and Torn like this.
  12. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I've experienced this.
    We have lots of things learned now that keep us from being in this position again.
    I refuse to be a M Aid

13. MerseyPhoenix

With you totally IN THEORY. Reality, on the other hand,... For many men, this years and years of ingrained behaviour.

14. Torn

Torn Fapstronaut

I worry about that, too, especially during rebooting.

MerseyPhoenix likes this.
  15. MerseyPhoenix

Many PAs I've met are often in love with M and O, regardless of how it is achieved.

KevinesKay likes this.
  16. I think they are different but not always separate. Sex is one way to share intimacy which is tied to love and connection. Of course you can have each without the other but in a romantic relationship I know for me at least it's a requirement that here be both. They don't always have to be intertwined but at least part if not most of the time I myself need them to be

KevinesKay and Kenzi like this.
  17. MerseyPhoenix

Always ask yourself why you initiated sex. If it was to empty your balls, you're still a PA.

18. MerseyPhoenix

Oh definitely, Torn. Ask the man why he initiated sex, if it was to empty his balls, he's still a PA. He probably won't tell you if it was, by the way.

Torn likes this.
  19. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Very true.
    I know this because my SO was horribly horribly addicted.
    Like, go to the store and he would use the "bathroom" addicted.
    We have had good discussions and disclosures.
    We discuss things often.
    He's (earlier on) even stopped sex.
    I think this is where most SOs would ideally like to see their partners...
    Most of the time, most of them fight this.

And to clarify... Even mine did for almost the first year.

20. MerseyPhoenix

Hi Kenzi,
    I don't understand the last three lines of your post. Sorry.