1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Spine pain while meditating...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Hey everyone!

So last night I meditated for like 30 minutes (I usually 10 minutes) with music and I was fine for most of it but when I was in a Zen like state a part of my back started to hurt. Like one specific section. It was part of the spine where it lines up with the top of your stomach muscles. I thought maybe it was something to do with Chukras. If so it's the Chukra that represents power and wisdom. After I was done meditating and broke out of my Zen like state the pain went away.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Sounds like it might be your sitting position. Try sitting in a chair with a back if sitting without any back support is uncomfortable. I also had back pain when I first started meditating, because I have APT (Anterior Pelvic Tilt), a postural problem that is usually caused by excessive sitting - and so trying to keep my spine straight during meditation caused some pain and discomfort.

Two things that helped me:

1) Simply not focusing so much on my spine. You don't have to force it straight. Sit in a straight position but a comfortable one. If there is any discomfort, adjust your position.
    2) If that doesn't work, sit in a chair or on a couch.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. That's probably why, It's just It happened this one time and the pain was all too exact. Thought it was some spirit stuffs.

4. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

Meditate lying down with a pillow under your hips. Helps a bad back.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Thanks man I'll try it :)

6. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

It's probably from a weak back, going from 10 to 30 minutes is a big jump. Work your way up nice and slow, it's not a contest ;)