1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Spilled on water on my Samsung S6..

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 5, 2018.

1. that would be fucking amazing if they did that.

2. oh buddy, you won't believe what happened last night. When I was at 15% battery the thing shut off and I couldn't charge it again. So I called a different repair shop and they told me to bring it in, there's a $35 fee for diagnosis, but that's waived if u end up paying the cost of the repair. And since it's water damage it might take a few days, and I also had confirm that I'm not responsible if the phone shits the bed once they open it up. He will call me with an exact price if he can fix it. He's thinking $85 but it could be more depending on the situation, and if I say no deal, I just pay the $35 for him to look at it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. I hate phones just like computers, I absolutely rely on them but they always seem to die or fuck up on me. Costs so much to fix things nowadays. :(

4. Yep also these repair guys can charge whatever the hell they want with it. I'm no phone expert you either overpay or take the L.

5. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Cell phone repair shops have been pretty inexpensive in my experience. I have an iPhone and the charging port went out. The Apple store would have charged me over $300 for the repair, instead I went to an independent phone repair shop and they installed a new charging port for $50. That was a year ago and it still works perfectly.

6. I never had to repair my phone before, but he seemed reasonable. At this point, I'm not even trying to get the best deal possible, obviously saving money is great and all but I just want to have my phone fixed so I can use it again.

7. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I can’t tell who you are with the mask on. Rey Mysterio?

8. There's only 1 Rey Mysterio, I am Balasubramaniac

Deadlihood likes this.
  9. so good news, they fixed my phone today and it was $85 plus tax and they said the water corroded a part and he just replaced it so its back and running again!.

10. Blimey! At least it works and I'm glad it's running again. Water and moisture can destroy a phone in nothing flat, that's why you're not even supposed to have it in the bathroom when you shower.

11. Yeah, honestly now I have extra awareness where my phone is and that it's nowhere near water.