1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Spending Money

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Hello. When I am on a long streak I begin to start to spend money. I buy stuff off Amazon, I go to massage parlors, and today I even bought weed for a girl that I was meeting. I even upgraded to premium status on all of my dating apps. I am spending my money and I keep saying, "this is the last thing I will buy".... And then another spending spree.

All I can say is that I get a thrill out of spending money.

Anyway.... Any advice?

2. You're brain is looking for other highs to balance the lack of pmo. I do it to, i spend money and i also eat more. I don't really know how to stop it though. All i can say is if you're not breaking the bank then keep doing it temporarily until you can be free of pmo

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Thanks. It made me feel better. I feel like a horny chump.

4. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

Find a healthy outlet to get your dopamine fix from.
    Lift weights to Metallica. That's a classic.

5. EricKungFooled

EricKungFooled Fapstronaut

I tend to eat more and spend more during nofap. It is probably your brain finding a new outlet for dopamine. During my first two weeks, my sugar cravings go through the roof.

I've been focusing on using these cravings for dopamine towards better habits. Working out and eating healthy now make me feel great.
    As a way to regulate my spending habits, I use a habit tracking software and reward myself with gadgets once I meet a certain goal or streak. It is hard to get started and takes a lot of willpower to follow through but this has doubled my productivity and output.

Strength And Light likes this.