SOs (significant others): Check out the SOS (Significant Other Support) Group!

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by themammothrept, Nov 3, 2016.

1. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

@matthewmammothrept I checked and the last new member approval was on Dec. 31. That does seem to coincide with when there was changes to the groups, possibly? Like I said, we do have multiple group members approving requests and it appears nobody has been getting notifications to approve these new group members. Plus the other issue that we cannot invite new members. Is this a problem across all groups or just ours?

2. themammothrept

themammothrept Der Rebütermensch
    Staff Member

Thank you for double checking and letting us know @ILoatherPwife. We are looking into the problem now. We've had some issues with a recent Cloudfare (the software we use to protect from DDoS attacks) update messing up groups permissions, and it seems like there may still be some issues related to that. We'll let you know as soon as we find out what the problem is and restore function.

ILoathePwife likes this.
  3. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

OK, thanks.

4. StillStuckinReverse

StillStuckinReverse Fapstronaut

Thank you, I checked again today and it says It is still waiting. I will keep checking hopefully it will be fixed soon.

5. WarRoom

WarRoom Guest

ILoathePwife likes this.
  6. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

You're welcome. Unfortunately it's still not fixed. :-(

WarRoom likes this.
  7. WarRoom

WarRoom Guest

ILoathePwife likes this.
  8. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

There was an issue with approving new member requests to the group but that has been fixed now. FYI

9. Iroquois

Iroquois Fapstronaut

I would very much like to join

10. KAG314

KAG314 Fapstronaut

I've posted previously but I would definitely like to join.

11. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

We'd be glad to have all SOs. Unfortunately a while ago there was some kind of update that made it so we admins cannot invite members. So you need to click on groups, then SOS group and follow the steps to join.

Or click here.
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?groups/sos-significant-others-support.18/

For a while that wasn't working either, but that's been fixed now. The group now also has it's own private forums. It looks just like the main forums at nofap but unless you are a member you can't see it. It says public but we've carefully tested it and no one can see the forums within our group unless they are a group member.

Let me know if you have trouble joining.

12. Jessecuhhh

Jessecuhhh New Fapstronaut

Hi, I would like to join this group please. I am feeling very lost and alone and could use some advice from anyone who understands what I'm going through.

ILoathePwife likes this.
  13. WifeInTheDark

WifeInTheDark Fapstronaut

Just wondering if the tech issues were resolved? These posts are all from January!

14. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

Yes, for the most part. As per my post above on May 2, we can now approve new member requests. (Jessecuhhh who posted above on May 25 requested to join and was approved not long after she posted here.) To join, SOs need to go to groups, click on the SOs and request to join.

Or click here.
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?groups/sos-significant-others-support.18/

The only thing that isn't fixed is that we cannot invite new members. They have to request to join.

15. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

If you continue reading through the thread you'll see multiple posts from me and others as we worked to resolve it and eventually did.

16. Seth LDA

Seth LDA Fapstronaut

Asked today to join the group.. :)

17. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

You're in! Welcome.

18. AWomanAtWar

AWomanAtWar New Fapstronaut

Hi, I am new here and I have requested to join the Spousal Support Group. I look forward to being a part of the group so I can find direction for the never ending questions and support in picking up the pieces.

Icedwife and EyesWideOpen like this.
  19. Ready_To_Give_Up

Ready_To_Give_Up New Fapstronaut

20. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

Unfortunately, we can't add you. You have to go in the first post and click on the link or go to groups and find sos group and request to join.