1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Social media crush, how do I talk to her?!

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by SeekingLife, Jan 20, 2017.

1. SeekingLife

SeekingLife Fapstronaut

(Im 19). I think everyone has that person who you've never met but have as a friend or are following each other on social media, only because - I don't know just because lol.

But anyways, there's this girl who I think is insanely pretty and surprisingly she has been following me for the past few years on twitter and instagram, and I've always been the one to like all her photos and posts whenever she would post them of course - in hopes that she probably notices me. However I can only remember she has returned the favor maybe little to no times at all so It's kind of hard to say whether she would even consider me as worthy or not if I were to approach her.

And that's the thing, she has been this internet girl who lives in the same town as me, hangs out with girls that I've actually hung out with in the past but don't really have contact with - yet i've never seen her in real life and I am craving to know wtf she even sounds like and more importantly how her personality is!

So now i'm asking my fellow fapstronauts, how should I break the ice and introduce myself to her? Because I sure don't want to rely on fate and suddenly run into her at a store or something - we all know the low chances of that even happening, and also from the fact that the more I wait, that she will end up finding some other guy who I know I am way better than.

And at the same time, I hate to be "that guy" who slides in a girl's dm's. I feel like girls nowadays get the wrong intentions or feel uncomfortable when a guy approaches them like "hey, how are you doing? we should get to know each other", through a message on the internet. Idk if that's just me overthinking or fearing rejection, but I just keep thinking that If i were to message her and she aint diggin me, she would now just look at me as that silly boy who tried to get at her - and I never want to have that image of myself. She is just so infatuating and I really want to get to know her and I just really want some tips and experiences from you guys on what I should do before its too late. Please, give me the confidence! PLEASE

2. Irish Explorer

Irish Explorer Fapstronaut

Say hi to her and then forget about it. If she responds, you go from there. If not, stick to the master plan.

What is this master plan? Adding value to people's lives. Make that your focus. Build yourself up and others around you. Nothing will be more attractive to the women you really want to be with.

3. No magic bullet, just open her. Unfortunately the guys who like every photo and comments "you're beautiful xxx" are giving a very unattractive vibe to such girls.

-NoMO- and Dominus Umbra like this.
  4. SeekingLife

SeekingLife Fapstronaut

Definitely agree with you there. I have been reading the book "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie and one of his main points is to make others feel important and making them feel value, or in other words add value - like you said. These are things I am slowly trying to implement on the new people i meet.

5. SeekingLife

SeekingLife Fapstronaut

What do you mean by "open her"? And yeah I know girls definitely don't like when guys comment heart-eyed emojis and shit like "damn, girl you beautiful". But I guess i have been that person who just likes whatever picture she posts, and not literally going into her profile and spamming the like button.

6. Rion008

Rion008 Fapstronaut

All of this was about u - and that's understandable. But it's unlikely anything is going to happen from where ur at. She already knows u want her. Flip the dynamic.

Become the man that she would WANT to date...create an amazing lifestyle that u can then invite her into...otherwise the dynamics are working against u - she has real power, social value and influence. Let go of attachment to her; date other women and have her see u as an alpha with other women

7. It's weird because I wouldn't suggest this to everyone but the obstacles aren't as hard as other internet relationships. So maybe you have a chance. It sounds like your only option at this point is to "slide into her DMs" Please don't begin with "how are you" small talk - we are already on alert that you might want something so might as well get to the point. And she probably already knows you like her. Some openings: Hi, I saw that you also live in __. I was wondering if you ever wanted to go to/do (appropriate place/activity in town) with me sometime?
    Or, I'm a big fan of blank. There is a (related event) (day/time). Would you like to go with me? It would be more fun with another person.
    Have you ever tried/seen/done (blank)? I'm looking to (blank) and it would be nice having some company.
    Good luck and remember if she turns you down, there other fish in the sea!

8. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

So you only know this girl through her online presence. The only contact between the two of you is you liking her photos and I'll throw a wild guess here, she has no idea who you are...

I hate to break it to you bud, but it's not going to work out for you. There's two ways of hooking up with girls through social media:

a) Dating sites and apps

b) You've already met and talked in person

SnowWhite likes this.
  9. DanDaMan06

DanDaMan06 New Fapstronaut

Ok so if u haven't talked 2 her ever since postin this then I advise u 2 implement d things u learned from Mr Dale & also go w/ d notion that there is a possibility of her not likin u but that's normal, however the pain of not tryin is far more superior 2 that of gettin rejected, trust me. I personally got rejected a few times but missed d opportunity 2 try my luck & I regret d missed opportunities a lot more. B4 talkin 2 her I suggest u read d advices u can find on theartofmanliness or theartofcharm & also check d utuber Todd Valentine, some of his vids give rly good advice dat u could use. Sth I remembered: make sure ur first convo/meetin is sth memorable & out of the ordinary, sth special which doesn't happen everyday & also u must always establish a frame & keep it while conversin (I myself just learned this not long ago so I cannot explain what exactly it means 2 establish a frame but u can find moe bout it in d aforementioned utuber's channel or try & ask guys on subreddit seduction what it is). So, best of luck w/ Her ! Hope u succeed m8 !!

10. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

And then you are honestly wondering why she is following you ?????