1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Social anxiety .

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Infinite spirit, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Infinite spirit

Infinite spirit Fapstronaut

I went out today as planned to date girls in some place known for boys and girls dating and stuff..but I couldn't even talk to anybody..i was so anxious..i was all by myself and everyone was with his friends . I felt very anxious and afraid to talk ..so i went home as fast as possible . I'm super upset . I'm binging right now eating tons of candy and ice cream ..please help.

Re:Born likes this.
  2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

You have to keep trying and failing like that if you want to get better. When you binge on candy and ice cream like that, you escape your pain / suffering / dissatisfaction / problems / negative experiences and then you become content / idle / comfortable / numb / passive. Stay with the problem and find a solution. Those uncomfortable feelings should be channeled into your desire for more. For something beyond your current place.

Infinite spirit likes this.
  3. Infinite spirit

Infinite spirit Fapstronaut

Thanks dude..i will try again today and I hope I can make it.

4. DeliciousMarzipan

DeliciousMarzipan Fapstronaut

I'm really not qualified to give advice here, but if you go out with the sole intention of meeting a girl, well, chances are you won't. Better do something that is fun in itself, and hopefully as you're enjoying yourself you'll meet someone.

5. ProtagonistOfMyLife

ProtagonistOfMyLife Fapstronaut

I don't see the problem.
    You went outside and did something you are not comfortable with. Even if you went home afterwards, you went there. You did something and went through with it even though your mind said "NO!" at the first impulse. You went out of you comfort zone.
    That's a victory, not something to be ashamed of.

If you do this often enough, again and again, you will have less and less social fear.
    Keep pushing your boundaries, no matter what.
    Grow, friend.

6. Selix

Selix Fapstronaut

dude dont plan just do things, live your life and love yourself first... shit's gonna come naturally if you are confident

and the good thing with NoFap is that confidence comes naturally

keep it up soldier, I faced the same shit as you and crushed it