1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I tell someone I know his gf is cheating on him

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lazarus Shuttlesworth, Jan 17, 2017.

Should I tell someone I know his gf is cheating on him

1. Yes

53.3%
  2. No, stick to your job. Don't get involved in other people's personal business

37.8%
  3. Not sure

8.9%
  1. So like at my work place, I'm a front desk concierge/security guard for a condo building and I'm cool with most of the residents..
    People forget there's cameras in the elevators and last weekend I caught someone's girlfriend kissing another guy..
    I see the guy every day at night and we have small talk about whatever & it kills me knowing that his gf is cheating on him and he prolly doesn't know it.
    Should I tell him that his girl is cheating on him? Or just keep my mouth shut because it's none of my business?
    What would you guys do?

2. Who is the guy she is cheating with? Could this guy beat the shit out of you? If yes then best not to spill the beans but if you are sure there will be no physical retribution then tell him.

3. The guy she's cheating on him with is one of the board members of the building lol he can't touch me physically but he's part of management with my job. I'm not scared of him tho. I feel like at the end of the day they're grown up and they know what they're doing so it's whatever

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  4. Fuck it and keep quiet then.

5. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Copy the video footage onto a DVD and use it as blackmail to move up within the company.

Are you certain that the woman in the video is your friend's GF?

If yes, and if you value your friendship with him, then you should tell him, in my opinion. However, that presents another question: how would you tell him without potentially jeopardizing your job? If the manager is the "has-relations-with-someone's-girlfriend" type, then perhaps he is also the "fire-someone-because-he-hates-them" type. You have to weigh the pros and cons!

Present Kid, Low and HopefulChristian like this.
  6. I'd tell him. Let a motherfucker try to kill me.

You afraid of getting fired?

7. GalahadCMRN

GalahadCMRN New Fapstronaut

Try to tell him indirectly.
    Leave a message (or photo) in his mail box or something.

You'll do what it's right (or a least what I think it's right) and there's a chance of not getting fired.

Present Kid and NooseAnchor like this.
  8. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Tell him and then tell the girl she's a whore.
    And if you get fired, take them to a tribunal for unfair dissmisal. They won't stand a chance.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    LegendaryToast likes this.
  9. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Canada HAS NO LAWS BRO!

The tribunal will be like, "You fired for being a narc bro."

10. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Get some more information. Talk to your friend and ask him how things are going.

If you hear something like "I want to marry this girl!" then that would be something to consider on the side of disclosing the indiscretion.

But if the relationship is already having its trouble, then you may have a bit of room to play it safe. No point putting your job on the line if the guy is already thinking about breaking up with her eh?

Whatever you do, find out as much as you can first.

11. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Then emigrate...it's simple.
    And you earn more money as an immigrant these days anyway.

12. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

You do?

13. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

No I pay taxes and have a job and am worse off than immigrants.

14. I say stick to your job. You don't even know the guy apart from the short moments of conversation you have with him during your job. You're not being paid to be the love dr. Ultimately you have no clue what these people are into. Maybe they have an open relationship? Maybe he's a prick? Who fucking knows and who fucking cares. Their problem, not yours.

15. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Hey, @Lazarus Shuttlesworth, let me know if you find out she's in an open relationship...

16. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

If you do decide to tell him, make sure you have the evidence ready to go. He will likely not believe you and/or become angry.

17. You gonna ask if you can watch them in the corner?

HopefulChristian and Deadlihood like this.
  18. The video footage expires in 2 weeks. Plus I'm not allowed to show residents footage.

THIS.

19. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

@Lazarus Shuttlesworth

I'd keep it quiet. Cheating is not a crime, and you don't know anything about their relationship.

Maybe she is cheating, maybe she is getting paid, maybe it was her boyfriend's idea, maybe, maybe, maybe ...

It could even be a trap, which they have setup for you.

I would be quiet. Do your job.

20. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

It's best not to tell him. Let him find out what his girl is up to.