1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should i Take Anti-Depressants and Anti-Anxiety Pills?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by FindingAName, Jun 16, 2017.

SHOULD I TAKE DRUGS TO HELP MY PMO EMOTIONS?

1. FUCK YEAH WHY NOT? IT HELPS

33.3%
  2. HELL NO

66.7%
  3. does it matter?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

Title says it all, feedback please because im thinkin of gettin that shit

2. Might work, might not. You don't simply "get them," though. Getting the really powerful stuff involves years of seeing a psychiatrist, at least where I live. In my case, none of them have worked.

3. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

If a medical professional has recommended it to you, I say go for it. Meds can be a powerful tool in lessening depression and anxiety. They have their limits, and should be part of a complete breakfast (of good mental health habits and assistance, like counselling, exercise, and good sleep hygiene).

4. NotSoAverageJoe

NotSoAverageJoe Fapstronaut

Find a bioenergetics therapist near you instead. Meds have too many side effects and it's a shot in the dark on which might actually work or not

5. stevie60

stevie60 Fapstronaut

Anti depressants might take the edge off but they won't change your life. I went that route some years ago and it was interesting but at some point, attitudes come from within. Some interesting side effects. I tried several of them and they can make a mess of your brain. You may have extreme highs and lows. When it came to sex, I could not feel enough to orgasm many times. So its great if you want to go for very long periods, but actually a negative if you might want to orgasm sometimes. And your partner may feel its something wrong with her if you can't so you have to explain you are on meds. Everything about our lives is self inflicted. Our thoughts, attitudes, emotions, fears, are all products based on the chatter in our minds. We are what we think about and what we think we are. So change what we are thinking. Easier said than done. Counseling as previously recommended would be a good start