1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I refrain from dating during a reboot?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Thomas X, May 14, 2019.

1. Thomas X

Thomas X Fapstronaut

During a typical 90 day reboot, is dating encouraged or discouraged? If I start dating a girl, I really like her and we have sex is that breaking the challenge? Surely it’s good because it’s promoting healthy sexual behaviour and if not, what if I miss a chance with a once in a lifetime girl for the sake of a challenge?

I’m encouraging a debate here, really interested to hear peoples thoughts.

Cheers,

Thomas

Casey54 likes this.
  2. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

I would say it’s neither encouraged nor discouraged. It’s not breaking the challenge, choosing to abstain from sex during the reboot (or if you’re single) is called doing “hard mode”. I would say with the girl, go for it. One the ultimate goals of nofap is to rewire the brain back to healthy relationships. If you’re already in one, then that can provide extra motivation for continuing, and allow you to enjoy the immediate benefits of abstaining, rather than enduring lengthy periods of sexual frustration.

Casey54 likes this.
  3. Thomas X

Thomas X Fapstronaut

Cheers for the insight and advice!

The community on nofap I swear down is unreal.

NoBrainer likes this.