1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I install social media, youtube etc again?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Sep 19, 2017.

1. I tried quitting it because netflix, social media, Internet forums, youtube and all that online shit was everything Ive done in my free time. And because I get annoyed when talking to people for more than a few minutes. Even with my family. I really tried to concentrate myself but I cant help it. I felt very bad after that, because I love my family after all. I thought, wtf have you become.

But now I feel lonely and anxious when I dont use any internet (including TV)
    I think it would have more psychological consequences if I dont use it for a longer time, because I dont really have any healthy relationships and that replaces it
    Should I just stare at my fucking wall?
    What do you think?

2. WTF are you doing at home? Go out. Meet up w/ friends, people. Go visit the family you're no longer seeing on FB.

It's good that you deleted all that stuff but don't go back to it until you absolutely know you can. And nobody needs all that shit--it's just convenient. Technology makes us forget about actually talking to people, seeing people, etc.

3. With my friends its just the usual TV/drinking/smoking weed. And I see them once/twice a week, what can I do in the other time? I dont really have a social charakter, by that I mean I am not really interested in what the other person says, but I still have a desire for connection

4. Hmmmm...being interested in what the other person says is a key I crisis t to meaningful relationships. You could work on that. Smoking weed/drinking/watching tv is fun occasionally but wouldn't recommend as full time hobby.

Learn something, play guitar, build a robot, make plans to conquer a small their world country, write poetry, learn a a language, start a business, build a house.

5. SanityOverVanity

SanityOverVanity Fapstronaut

You sound like an introvert. Which is something that's perfectly fine despite what society suggests.

The reason people probably annoy you is because introversion dictates that you get your energy from solitude. That okay, I'm the same. You need to figure out if you're lonely or just like being alone.

The danger of that solitude of course is that we're PMO addicts. So how do you manage that free time? Well, that's where you have to figure yourself out. What makes you tick? What interests you? What capacity do you have to learn and grow as a person?

I'm an introvert but since starting this journey being on my own can be tricky but I've started learning new skills, courses, listening to audiobooks and reading books. I've filled my time with learning more about my addiction, how to heal and actually visualise a future for myself.

There are so many things you can do with your time when alone but never ever underestimate the importance of also spending time outside even when not necessarily with people. For example, being in a cafe with headphones on. I'm not promoting anti-social behaviour but just an example of preoccupying your time and mind somehow.

6. As long as you control your social media go for it

7. MrCAllen301986

MrCAllen301986 Fapstronaut

I wouldn't do, but that's your choice. Me personally, I've blocked YouTube and Facebook from my laptop and I don't miss it one bit.

8. johnartista

johnartista Fapstronaut

read a book. master a skill, go to gym. social media is nothing but a distraction, their purpose is to take away your time and sell it to companies for ads. youtube and google are acceptable, depends on how you use. I use them as research tools and i encourage you to do the same

9. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

Lmao bruh

No wonder you can't build a connection if all you have in your life are online forums...

Do you seriously have nothing to study, are you unemployed? Start off by reading some books at least, any topic that interests you (it can be every bit as addictive as social media).

10. A little child is always playing and learning (through playing). Life is a game for him/her.
    That´s why is a child happy most of the time. Everything is so interesting. And one day, he or she will discover the pride of mankind :D - computer. This computer is programmed and constructed the way that it needs your immediate attention, your time, energy.
    And if you are using it daily just for fun year after year after year ... the results will come.
    Understand please - I am not saying now that it is wrong to play games on computer, but it is unhealthy for mind, body and energies to sit and stare at screen for 3 and so hours.
    There must be some balance.

Be like little child if u want - play, discover, learn.
    Or you can continue in your life style if you feel that it is really what you want.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  11. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

lol I was off tinder for like 3 months and downloaded it again Sunday and deleted the next day and it reminded me why I was of it I would rather try to meet people in person and got over my fear

FormerFapaholic likes this.