1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I give it a try?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by SorryWontSayIt, Oct 10, 2018.

1. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Hi,

Some of you may have heard the story already. But to say it short I started to date a girl last winter. So we did not date too long, until she got distant because she had to move. What she did not know was the I was going to move too. So no we are closer then she thougth.

After a bit of distance I told her that I would love to stay friends with her and she agreed. And till this day we still have contact and are still friends. But we have not met after the summer (where we did hang out after the "break up").

Today she sent me a snapchat with a joke that really reminds both of us of the time we spent together. And I would really like to see her again. Now we live 2-3 hours away for each other.

I still have feelings for her, and I think she may have some feelings to me too, but I am not sure.

Should I give it a try and tell her that we should hangout sometime or ask her if she want to visit me?
    (If this happen I consider to ask if she want to give it a try on long distance relationship, but at the same time I am afraid it can destroy the friendship, even tho I don't know see why).

Would love to hear from you guys! :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. From what I can see, she is not really sure what to do with you. Pull you in closer or boot you away!

If you think you are sure of your feelings then your part is done and all depends on her admission of what she really wants to do with you. Get involved or not. All you can do is ask her, and tell her that you want her answer. Whether it is positive or negative for you, the main thing is that by making you wait and wait, she is not helping you or herself. You need to have a clear plan of what you are working with.

SorryWontSayIt likes this.
  3. SorryWontSayIt

Thank you!

Yeah, I am sure. I am not sure about her - dont know if she is still unsure, misses me as a friend or something more.

Any suggestion on how to go trough with this would be helpful! :,)

4. The best option is a direct one. I can't really give you some super hi-tec plan to see what lies in her heart! Can I ;):rolleyes:

5. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks! Sent her a text and told her it is Just to Come visit me if she wants..if that happens i Will tell her how i feel

6. SorryWontSayIt

Hi again!

So I asked her if she wanted to come visit sometime or hang out sometime we both have time. Currently I am busy and shes busy, so we have not decided when yet.

Now I am currently wondering, how do I tell her what I feel? I know I will need to tell her one way or an other. But at the same time, I am a bit afraid to lose her, if she does not feel the same - or if she get more distant. I don't think she will get distant. Because we have agreed on being friends and keeping contact. But after maybe two months where we have not seen each other, maybe it will be three months. Will it be weird of me to tell her that I really like her still?

I am still open for other opportunities when it comes to dating now, since it have been a bit time since we "broke up", but I just have to admit to myself that I still miss her and she is yet the most perfect girl I have met in my entire life. Ofcours I may meet someone else, and she is not "perfect", no one is. But to me she is as far as I know. And I am sure there are other "perfect" girls in the world, if this does not work out.

But back to the question; how can I make sure she wants to stay friend with me, if worst the worst should happen?
    Should I just say something like this:
    "I really miss spending more time with you, and I would like to retry our relationship as a long-distance, if you don't I hope we can still be friends just as we have been now"?
    Most likely I will also tell her that she does not need to answer rigth away, because I guess it can be a lot of presure to get such a question by "suprise".
    (Note: We never really talked about what we were (if we were in a relationship) when we were together, but most people would say so, during the time we spent together if we look away from the last time where she got a bit more distant before we became friends again).

7. I don't know you but you sound younger. Do what is best for you. You broke up. My advice is to fuck all the girls in your life and your area. I'm giving you permission. Fuck all the girls. Really. You can look for other girls to fuck while you try to fuck your ex. Just fuck all the girls. When you look back on your life you will say that I was right.

8. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks for respons! :)
    What do you mean about me sounding younger? hehe.

Yeah, I know we broke up so I am open for other opportunities until something is agreed on between the two of us. But now we have at least agreed that we will try to visit each other, just have not set the date yet :).

9. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Just invite her over and see where it goes. Play it by ear. That's what I'd do. I personally wouldn't go spilling my guts but that's just me. I'd hang out with her and see if we still click. If so, great. If not, no big loss.

Also, there's no way to ensure she'll still want to be your friend. That's her decision.

10. Iceberg

Iceberg Fapstronaut

I would advise the following, I am no expert though:

Arrange a time to hang out, towards the end of hanging out tell her your true feelings. Now there are two things that could happen. She has the same feelings, or she does not. If she chooses the former then date. If she chooses the latter then big deal, you will find a better girl, it literally happens to everyone and perhaps it is for the better e.g. there is a better girl for you in the future. And, if she is truly a friend i.e. one that is truly worth hanging around with, then she will understand and you will still be friends anyway.

11. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks!

Think it is a really good idea to arrange a time to hang out, the see towards the end if I should suggest that we retry being more then friends :,)

And as you say, there are other girls in the world. If it does not work out, it doesnt. I think it will be good for me to just tell her how it, so I can stop wondering. But I really need to tell it face to face and not over text or phone.

Iceberg likes this.
  12. Iceberg

Iceberg Fapstronaut

One last thing friend:

There was a girl I really liked last year I mean really liked. I think should liked me too but she was kindof a shy girl.

Guess what. She has moved far, far away and I never had the courage to tell her how I feel and start a relationship.

Just do it. Dont worry about the outcome. If she says yes, great. If she says no, then I guarantee you if you keep hope/faith, in the future you will meet your destined girl, who you will be with for …vr

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  13. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

Ya bro, I definitely think you should give this a try. It would do you both good to meet each other and get out of the house some more.

14. SorryWontSayIt

Thank you!

Will do! She is more shy in many areas in life then other girls.

I will tell her how I feel, no matter what. I know she enjoys spending time with me when we hang out, but what I am wondering is how much. And the only way to find out is to ask her, the next time we meet.