1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

She's accepting

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by masterpmo, Feb 18, 2017.

1. masterpmo

masterpmo Fapstronaut

well I'm on day 3 of my reboot. I've told the girl I'm talking to I have had a problem rising to the occasion in the past. Well she said we don't have to have sex as long as I'll go down on her. Well last night she brought up if I've ever thought about the pill. Which I kinda got touchy about and she thought I was mad at her. So I had a talk to her and explained my pmo addiction and how I was in the process of trying to recover. She was way more accepting over the subject than I expected. She asked today how many days I have completed out of the 90. I laughed and said about that. She said let me guess like day 2 ? And I said yess it's hard and we laughed. I think having somebody as accepting and supportive as her will make this process easier. Tho I'm not looking forward to the flatline. I'm going to beat this thing and I have her to look forward too .

2. PostiveChange1974

PostiveChange1974 Fapstronaut

Nice man. I'm excited for you.

Sounds like an awesome match. It's nice to be able to be open with someone that is equally open without feeling sensitive about it. (Actually, I think it's absolutely necessary.)

Since you mention the pill, (if you have never used them) I will share with you my experience.

While it may be hard to understand at first, I found out that there is difference between erection and arousal. The pills can make erections easier to acquire. But that doesn't mean you are aroused. If fact it didn't do anything to create any 'additional rigidity for me'. The GF couldn't tell any difference between. They didn't create any additional sensations for me, or help address 'delayed ejaculation', in fact they can make the issue more difficult. They can also come with mild headaches, and muscle soreness. (I've been told the side effects mean that I needed to find different doses). Additionally, you still need to be aroused to hold the erection and put it to use. Which may still means you still have to take your time.

That being said, I absolutely recommend the pills to anyone that has doubts. They are given to people for just asking as long as you are heart healthy. It's such a simple experiment with such immediate results that you can do. While it doesn't help anyone with complex issues, I'm of the mind, 'why not find out?'. In short, I would set my expectations low, and give it a shot. We should avail ourselves of every avenue to explore our issue, and this is low hanging fruit on that path.

I would still give yourself a few weeks into the reboot before you gave that a shot. But maybe it can help in a transitional period.

3. i_wanna_get_better1

i_wanna_get_better1 Fapstronaut

Little known fact about the little blue pill... in America it is not covered under most insurance plans. Cost in an American pharmacy is about $20 a pill. Cheaper generics are available only outside the United States but it's a gamble to get it from another country.

The little blue pill helped me hide my secret longer than I should have from my wife. It allowed me to blame my performance on 'getting older' instead of the real problem. The truth was my wife was already on to my secret and my BS wasn't fooling anyone. When I started my reboot I stopped taking all my sex meds. There were some performance issues in the beginning but you know what... IT DIDN'T MATTER. There was no reason to be ashamed or embarrassed. I was rebooting! It was part of the process. We'd laugh it off and try again another time. It was no big deal anymore because THERE WERE NO MORE SECRETS. Rebooting together was the best thing for our sex life.

My PIED, ED, and DE went away after about a month and I'm a 43 year old guy. Libido and flatlines are complicated things. Don't stress too much about it and give yourself a complex. Just take it one day at a time.

4. masterpmo

masterpmo Fapstronaut

@PostiveChange1974 it definitely makes me feel so much more confident in our relationship because of how open minded she is. She does not judge me for absolutely anything. She has the most beautiful spirit. She's such a flower child it's amazing. On the subject of the pill I've always been iffy about it because i always looked at it like I'm afraid I'll like the effects too much and I'll grow dependent, and then not be able to perform on my own. Idk if that would be a possibility but it's always in my head.

5. masterpmo

masterpmo Fapstronaut

@i_wanna_get_better1 being open with her is definitely going to help in the long run. What I think I'm going to do. Is I will continue hard mode for this first 30 days. Then if me and her are at the point where we are ready, and I'm feeling ready to give it a try . We will go from there. If not I will continue it until I see the right time presented to me. If we end up trying it I'll still continue just no p and no m for the remainder of my reboot. It's all going to be worth it :)

i_wanna_get_better1 likes this.
  6. PostiveChange1974

I'm grinning for your description of your GF. It's beautiful, and how I feel about my GF.

As to the pills, I'm not going to advocate you one way or another. NoFap is still one of the strongest practices that has helped with my journey. (Despite what I'm about to type, I believe in your right to choose, and respect that. Only you can know what is right for you). In fact, I don't believe the pills were a fix for me at all....

I will offer these details so that you might have more information to work from.

Using the pills didn't do anything to solve the problems I was having. However, it did allow me to recognize how fast I got an erection had no importance in my being with my partner. It was an important realization for me, and I can now better relax because of this. The GF told me point blank that she didn't see any difference, so if I was not liking the side effects I mentioned not to use them. (And now I don't...)

I have heard of some getting emotionally attached to the pills, but they are not addictive any other fashion. Additionally in my experience they were far to expensive to maintain as a habit. With insurance, I paid $80 for 3 pills. There are other meds that are cheaper....

(Ok, bit of a side rant about meds vs quality of life, sorry....thought about deleting this section once I wrote it, but figure there is a chance it might be relevant, so leaving it)
    All that being said, I think it's equally important to 'accept yourself' and whatever flaws you may have, as well as being open to make changes in areas you believe you can, and when you think you may need to. When you accept that you want to change, then I think it's healthy to avail yourself of all options around you so that you have best shots. We as men are often given the idea that 'we need to tough it out'. But the flip side of that is we live shorter lives because we don't get help earlier when conditions arrive when we need it. Women are drilled that they need to routinely see 'gynos', and 'take care of themselves'.

I have a couple friends that are struggling in life, and actively destroying their relationships, because even though they clearly have depression and emotional issues, they won't take anti-depressants, and won't talk with a counselor. They think only 'sick people' should go to the doc, and only 'weak' people take meds. This idea that they just need to be 'better' is literally holding them in a place of hell, where they are judging themselves worse because of their struggles. (The ones that got help (like me), it was like a switch was flipped, and all that fell away so quickly).

I too don't want to be dependent on meds. I worry about their long term effects. However, having been hurting for 10 years and then 'not', I can definitely tell you this is a quality over quantity situation. My meds have left me to such a better life, and I'm actively talking with docs in full open and frequent conversation while doing so. I may with their support seek to stop taking them at some point. But until then, I can function now, and have people I can turn to.

(None of this should really be the primary reason you choose ED meds or not), just saying in the back of your mind, don't let the message be 'tough it out'. Seek help. Great people do great things not when they are great, but when they are small and often unseen. Let many people help make your issues small and unseen.

7. It takes real courage to open up to the girl in your life. Be proud of yourself

8. masterpmo

masterpmo Fapstronaut

She's honestly the most amazing girl I've ever met in my eyes. We had an instant connection from the moment we met. We have everything in common but yet are two different people and don't clash. It was definitely hard to get myself to explain my pmo problems. I knew tho that if I didn't and I just let it go she would start thinking the wrong thing like my past girlfriends and leave. This one is far too great to let walk away like that tho. She also proved that to me even further by how accepting and supportive she is on the matter.

Married*2*Dr*Jekyll likes this.
  9. Its a great start to a relationship. She is lucky to have an open an honest guy. Thats all a girl can ask for

masterpmo likes this.
  10. PostiveChange1974

The challenge on describing PMO/ED is a tough one. I waited until we were about to become intimate to explain that I had delayed ejaculation. A friend of mine has herpes, and while that is more or less just a skin condition, he still struggles but always tells them if there is a second date (and yes, half the time it's a total deal killer). (Just in case you were wondering, he would always tell someone if he was going to be intimate, it's just that he doesn't try to 'get laid' on first date) Still, it's who you are, and it's important not to feel less because of that, and you have to view it as, if she walks, it wasn't meant to be.