1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Self Loathing

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by sparkywantsnoPMO, Feb 10, 2019.

1. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

Has anyone going through addiction recovery suffered with extreme self hatred / self loathing as they recovered? How did you overcome this defect of character? Thank you.

2. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

For me it just took time and doing my best to improve what I hated about myself during recovery (and still trying to keep at it). For example, I'm overweight, so I worked hard to find a dietary plan that I was comfortable with, and with time I'm starting to see results.
    I'm very shy, so I started opening my eyes and looking for chances to talk to people a little more.
    And so forth. Little by little, I'm starting to see improvements and starting to feel better about myself and about life in general.
    Prayer also helps a lot.

oretna likes this.
  3. oretna

oretna Fapstronaut

Yeah! Instead of looking (staring) at myself I might look elsewhere: to God (or equivalent), other people, art, science, my immediate surroundings, the environment at large...

4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I learned to live with it.

5. Eprst

Eprst Fapstronaut

I think acceptance and embracing things that you can not change. Easier said than done, but that's what I am working on. Self-loathing comes and goes in waves.

Have you looked into inner child work?

oretna likes this.
  6. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

Your question interests me on a personal level. I have no idea as to what the answer might be.

7. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

By reminding you:

_it's all by design to keep you miserable
    _you're in a temporary fallen weak flesh
    _you went through your own unfair circumstances
    _you decided to get better despite peer pressure
    _tons of people like you exist in the world
    _exceeding blessings are in store for you

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  8. Help others. Do the best that you can to help other people..
    The most efficient way to get rid of self hatred. Dont trust me ? Try first and then tell me how it feels.