1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Scared for dates.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Solomon435, Aug 7, 2018.

1. I've ALWAYS wanted to go on a date! Just me and a lady going out to do something great like an escape room or maybe going exploring. In fact, I've got at least two girls I'd like to take out on a date, and I feel very confident to ask one of they'd fancy a date. The dating life seems like something good, right?

Well, the only thing I'm afraid of is my history with PMO ruining my relationship with someone. I'm just scared that when we do get close and I tell her about what I've been through and the choices I've made that I've ruined any possibility of having a relationship with a wife who truly loves and trusts me.

I've described this fear as a motivation for doing the NoFap challenge in my journal, but I'm still scared that just the fact I did participate in PMO has ruined any chances of a good relationship.

Anyone have any advice?

2. TheManDude

TheManDude Fapstronaut

Dude, it's your life story, yeah it is a bit embarrassing but if you tell someone something so important and hard to deal with and that person ashames you for it then that person it's probably not the right one for you... besides it is not necesary to share that in the first date if you don't want to.

Just go out and have fun, overthinking stuff won't help.

3. Don't worry, I wasn't gonna tell on my first date. I promise!

Thanks for the reply, I'm feeling a little better already.

4. Well, firstly, i wouldn't even worry about it just yet. The odds of a date leading to marriage are far from certain and you can cross that bridge when you come to it. Never starting a relationship because you don't want to end it is kind of backwards logic. Dates are fun, go for it, have a good time and see where it leads. Good luck, hope this helps.

5. TheManDude

TheManDude Fapstronaut

Haha, yeah I thought so but is better to be sure and i'm glad you feel a little bit better at least, dates are quite fun if you don't take them too seriously!

I wish you luck man, and plenty of dates in the future!

6. Uke

Uke Fapstronaut

Hey solomon!

You went from not even askin her out yet, to sharing your deepest struggles with her, to making her your wife. Chill out, mate. It doesn’t work like this.

It’s totally normal to fantasize about her in this romantic way. We are conditioned to do this through films, tv shows, songs, novels, etc. I used to do it myself, but each time I get a bit wiser as life teaches me to not go there, and just take it as we progress. Otherwise all we do is set ourselves up for disappointment. The whole plan might collapse at the first step when she might flat out tell you that she wants to be just friends. So just chill out, and worry about the first step, which is asking her out.

Once you have a functioning relationship where you share personal things like traumas, hopes, fears, dreams, only then I’d worry about the PMO.

Best of luck mate! I’m rooting for you and the lady!

Solomon435 likes this.