1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

SCARED - FIRST DATE

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by satellite07, Feb 14, 2019.

1. satellite07

satellite07 Fapstronaut

A couple days ago i added on instagram and texted a girl that i used to know from the gym and I was wondering about tomorrow text her again and ask her to go to the movies with me...
    Of course i'm scared because i have tendencies to close myself and keep people away, and also worry that if things go well, have problems with ED... but i think that i'm gonna do it anyway because i have to conquer my fears!
    I don't have experience with dating... so any suggestion or advice to keep in mind that can help me?
    I would like a little help to how to handle it... Thanks

2. satellite07

satellite07 Fapstronaut

Now that i posted it... i think that maybe overthinkig stuff because i dont even ask her out yet and im already concerned for whats gonna happen

TheNewestCreation likes this.
  3. ThaaatGuy

ThaaatGuy Fapstronaut

Relax and wait her answer buddy, you dont need to be afraid about it.

satellite07 likes this.
  4. Branchman

Branchman Fapstronaut

Just be yourself, if she says yes to your invitation congratulations, but if she doesn't don't feel bad (well it is normal to feel a little upset) but don't let that feeling take off your happiness, or what you are.
    In case you date her or date with she, don't worry about doing things perfect, things may not be always the way you want or think, so let the things happen (of course you can make things to happen but can't control everything)

satellite07 likes this.
  5. satellite07

satellite07 Fapstronaut

Thanks guys! I texted her today to go to the movies and she said no because she has a big exam on wednesday and she has to study... but we still keep texting during the day... i dont want to give up that easily because i dont want to regret it later like always..

Jal Say likes this.
  6. satellite07

satellite07 Fapstronaut

I went to the movies anyway alone and then we texted and i told her that i went alone but i would have preferred you to accompany me... she apologize and told me that she has not been to the cinema for a long time... so i told her that the cinema has new owners and they remodeled and improved it recently... then i fell asleep and when i woke up i have a text from her that says: i dont know really... i have a boyfriend and i dont know if that would be correct sorryy.
    How i suppose to answer to that? is like she has a boyfriend but she would like to go with me...
    Should i told her that i understand or that its okay and asker to be friends... i have never been in this situation before...
    PD: I paraphrase a bit because I speak Spanish and in the translation it is difficult for me to transcribe word by word.

7. satellite07

satellite07 Fapstronaut

I think that i already know that i should tell her it's okay, i understand...

8. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

Yeah man I would just let it go for now. I keep of thinking of this old song by Ginuwine called "what's so different?"

In the song he talks about starting a relationship with a girl who cheats on her current man to be with him and now he has doubts about her cause what's so different now...meaning she probably cheat on him too. I'd just play it cool and tell her it's all good but in the future if she make herself available then maybe y'all can work something out . Anyway congrats on being persistent and not giving up!

satellite07 likes this.
  9. satellite07

satellite07 Fapstronaut

Thanks fot the advice! Yes i agree i was thinking that too... I dont wanna be that guy... and also i like her and who knows maybe in the future we found each other again...
    Thanks again!

PJT likes this.
  10. Branchman

Branchman Fapstronaut

Its nice to find someone who also speaks spanish xD. (A pesar de que ya tenga novio, puede seguir siendo su amigo distante, pero como dicen los demás y tú mismo, no con la intención de salir como novios o que ella traicione a su novio, pero ánimo, hace 1 semana me pasó algo muy parecido a lo tuyo) Despite she has a boyfriend, you can still be her friend (distant), but as the others and you say, not to make her leave her boyfriend or make her betray her boyfriend.
    What happened to me is that I texted a girl who i remeber her beacuse she went to my chuch 2 years ago, beacause she is friend of friends, and in that time we talked to each other (a little bit) and I felt we were nice to each other. Then now, about a week or 2 ago, I texted her and started talking, I asked her if I could see her, she didn't answer, then asked her again and told her I believe she was a nice person since the first time I met her, but then she told me she is in a relation.

11. satellite07

satellite07 Fapstronaut

Creo que acá en el foro no hay mucha gente que hable español asi que para que me entiendan traduzco las cosas... pero al menos he mejorado mucho mi ingles jaja
    Si la verdad que es un poco decepcionante y doloroso eso... Pero no queda otro mas que seguir adelante y quien sabe quizá allá otra oportunidad en el futuro... Si te soy honesto me quede como con un sabor amargo pero va a pasar... y al menos nos tenemos que quedar con el consuelo de que al menos lo intentamos...
    Gracias por tu respuesta y me alegra que alla otras personas que tambien hablen español

Branchman likes this.
  12. Capt. U

Capt. U Fapstronaut

Damn dude that sucks, it's ok though shit happens maybe she was into you but then changed her mind and wipped out the "I have a boyfriend excuse" or she was a hoeing around.

13. satellite07

satellite07 Fapstronaut

I guess it doesn't matter anymore (if she has a boyfriend or not), anyway she said no... Like you said shit happens

Capt. U likes this.
  14. Capt. U

Capt. U Fapstronaut

Once we get a under our control there will be many more oppurtunities to to find that special someone even if we have to date a few to get there. :)

satellite07 likes this.
  15. my first date was a joke, we just talked and walked for 4 hours and there was 0 chemistry so you cant even call it a date, just a waste of time