Retro Girl's Reboot

Discussion in 'Women in Reboot' started by Retro Girl, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Congrats RG! You have beautiful plans and I'm sure you'll find the right mate and your family will be a loving and peaceful family. Great idea our past is best left behind as a learned lesson :)

2. LostCloud

LostCloud Fapstronaut

what whatever you decide to start i know it well turn out beautiful , when ever i see retro i think of you, heres a retro family

3. Loveless-J.R.A

Loveless-J.R.A Fapstronaut

You are one of the few to never fall short in the challenge. That strength... when urges pop up, got me asking myself... what would retro do?

Impressive streak. And i aim to follow that path. Good luck and all the best in furthering that streak.

M.S.H., GSW9, spaces and 2 others like this.
  4. Rio

Rio Fapstronaut

So I was right about Europe this time :emoji_relieved:

5. Loveless-J.R.A

Loveless-J.R.A Fapstronaut

Hey, hopes its easy on your end. Been under a lot of pressure with school and work, and seeing that it involved my close friends who are females... mann i had some challenges, i had some thoughts. I really use to think... what would retro think? That streak was impressive.
    But i think the comeback is going to be the story year.

Really good fortune to ma'am. And i do hope and prayer for better days for everyone here.

6. reystronaut

reystronaut Fapstronaut

Hey @Retro Girl,
    Sorry I've been away for so long, and sorry about your recent relapse. The important thing now is to not binge.
    My first post in your journal was to "keep on swimming". I still stand by that advice. I've learned that as bad as relapsing feels, binging is infinitely worse. Just analyze the relapse and reduce triggers as much as possible. If posting about it here helps, do that. If not, don't. No one is here to judge you but to come alongside you. Reach out to whoever you can when you get urges.
    Wish I could give you better advice. Keep moving forward!

7. Retro Girl

Retro Girl Fapstronaut

My Journal
    This will be my last post in this journal for the year. I'm starting a new journal for next year and intend to make a fresh start. Unfortunately this year hasn't ended well for me. Due to some personal issues I relapsed last week. I didn't talk about it until now but it's been an ongoing issue with my sister and health complications. This year we had to take her for special treatment a number of times but unfortunately her condition has deteriorated in a serious way and she has now had to go into permanent care.

This has been very difficult for me to talk about so sorry for my lack of updates.. but obviously thinking about nofap has been the last thing on my mind so I'm taking a break until after Christmas.. although I'm not really looking forward to that now, it will be the first one without her and it feels very weird. Thanks to the few people who showed me some support despite my lack of updates on this.. Things like this certainly change your perspective quite a bit..

Well, it's a bit of a sad note to end on for this journal, it's been almost a year and lots has happened and I've had quite some success with streaks of 70 days and 114 days. It's been quite a journey but I'm looking forward to the fresh start next year, as I don't want to give up on nofap, I want to continue this journey and see where it takes me next. It's a shame because I would have liked to do a better review of the year than this but I don't really feel in the mood.. but then I guess the journal speaks for itself.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, thanks to my true friends for the support and hopefully see some of you next year in 2019.

RG

8. spaces

spaces Fapstronaut

Sorry about your sister. , you take care Miss RG and have a Merry Christmas , !!

9. Retro Girl

Retro Girl Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Thanks @spaces have a nice Christmas too and sorry to see your reset.

10. GSW9

GSW9 Fapstronaut

I'm so sorry to hear about it, stay strong & take care Miss RG !! Wish you a Nice Christmas.. May God bless you & your family..

11. Tiger uppercut!

Tiger uppercut! Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Sorry about everything, RG. You had a awesome year as far as nofap goes :) I’ll be praying for your sister. We will be here waiting for ya.

12. Retro Girl

Retro Girl Fapstronaut

My Journal
  13. Solomon435

Solomon435 Fapstronaut

I'm going to be honest, I'm a little scared for you. And I don't know what to say that could possibly make either of us feel better. Your sister is in a bad spot and it's affecting you too. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like around your place now that a good person is really hurt.

I never knew much about your sister, but from this one post I can tell you love her a lot. Now it'll never be the same again. It's changed you. You deeply care about her and want to be there for her, but now that she's going away you're scared and hurt. And to be honest, reading that post made it seem like that was it. You would disappear forever and give up on everything else because of your low. It made it seem like you would do irreversible things because of how sad and hopeless you've felt.

But you know what?

I have faith in you.

I have faith you know how to take care of yourself and your family and make the right choices. Even if it meant we would never hear another update from the one and only Retro Girl, I have faith that it is because you know what is best for you.

And a hope that I have is that you will be able to treasure every moment with your sister and find a reason to be happy again.

I'm sure you remember the time period my Dad moved away for three months for therapy. I thought that was it. Nothing could make me happy again. He was gone and never coming back because my Mom would get upset when he did. One of the lessons I wish I had learned earlier was that my Dad wasn't really gone and that I could always talk to him. Shoot, I got my licence this spring, so if I needed to see him I just needed to pop the address into the GPS and away we go.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by permanent care, but I have the hope that you have the option of visiting her, if you wanted. She isn't really gone, she's just somewhere else right now that could be a coordinated drive away. Call it wishful thinking but maybe you could even celebrate Christmas at her place!

Lastly, I want you to know that I want to support you. So starting on January 1st 2019, I will check on you everyday eagerly waiting for your fresh start and helping you on the way. From the beginning this time.

Merry Christmas RG. I hope your holidays will be a good one, even if it will be a little different than usual.

...And I'm sorry for making you read a massive text dump that may not even be very helpful to you. Gosh, the benefits of a generic message is that most of them are pretty short.

In faith,

Solo

14. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Dear RG,
    I'm so sorry to hear the bad news about your sister. I wish both of you the best. Hopefully she will be well taken care of and your constant visits will strengthen her. I wish life wasn't as complicated as it is but never lose hope. You are a strong woman and aside from looking out for your sister you should also take good care of yourself and stay optimistic. :)

spaces, GSW9, Retro Girl and 2 others like this.
  15. Jim2015

Jim2015 Fapstronaut

Sending care and love your way...for you and your sister. May you know strength and peace and grace in this challenging time.
    Your friend,
    Jim

16. Well i know you've already been flooded with replies, so no need to respond or anything, i just wouldnt feel right not commenting. Words sound empty, but its gotta be said. Im extremely sorry to hear about whats happening with your sister, it must be terrible and i dont think anyone can blame you for your relapse in these conditions (not that i did anyway). There's not really a whole lot to say other than that. I'll be sending good thoughts your way... best of luck coping and i'll see you in the new year :) :)

Newgirl, spaces, GSW9 and 2 others like this.
  17. Elias Smith

Elias Smith Fapstronaut

Never a need for the great Retro Girl to apologize . I wish you the bestest best that I can. The prior posts are so much better than mine, but as Batman said I still have to say something . I have already started prayers for your sister. She has a special bead on my daily rosary.

GSW9 and Retro Girl like this.
  18. reystronaut

reystronaut Fapstronaut

All these replies should tell you something. I know an online community has limitations, but look at all the friends here who care for you. I can't imagine what you're going through, and I won't pretend to. All I can say is I'm praying for you and hope it all works out.
    May the Force be with You!

19. Retro Girl

Retro Girl Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Thanks for all the messages and good wishes, I appreciate them.

Btw, I'll probably delete this journal when I create my new one soon, so just a warning in case anyone was reading something still.

20. Solomon435

Solomon435 Fapstronaut

No problem.

Thanks for the heads up.

Newgirl likes this.