1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Research: Being true to yourself may protect against the harmful effects of loneliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by fulano, Nov 23, 2015.

1. fulano

fulano Fapstronaut

http://digest.bps.org.uk/2015/11/being-true-to-yourself-may-protect.html

I found this article and I think it could be useful here
    Particularly, this statement:

"First, perhaps highly authentic people don't overanalyse their lonely feelings – they don't see their loneliness as some kind of indictment of their personality, it's just the way things currently are. Second, authentic people are likely less inclined to try to get out of their lonely situation by hanging out with people they don't want to be with, or doing stuff they don't want to do. Yes, this might increase their isolation at first, but it probably helps prevent them from growing more bitter and resorting to counter-productive coping mechanisms like drinking too much. " (or fap)

2. Barnabas

Barnabas Fapstronaut

These words ring true to me.

I think that if you spend time doing what interests you, you will be the interesting person others would like to know and spend time with. It won't hurt to allow others to drag you out to do things they like too - be flexible and value doing things that others like.