1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Refined sugar causes akne

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Spinell, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Spinell

Spinell Fapstronaut

Hi guys,

since I stopped eating refined sugar and dairy products my akne droped to 0. (I am doing this since March 1st)

A nice byproduct is an overall healthier eating pattern.

You should try it as well. Its sometimes hard when I see sweets at the grocery store or in the bakery, but then I just stare at them for some time while my mouth waters and after that happened, I can just walk away with the proud feeling of myself, that I kept strong.

I should mention, that I still eat sugar when I am with friends. So I keep the social convention of shared food. But how often do you eat with friends, right? Max. 1 time per week.

220woof671 likes this.
  2. 220woof671

220woof671 Fapstronaut

It's great that "your acne dropped to a 0".

I could be wrong .... but I'd lean toward the dairy products milk, cheese -- the Fat in them -- clogging up your pores.
    People get strokes ......... and heart attacks because blood vessels to the brain and heart get clogged with fat.

But you may be right........ since -- I guess -- that excess sugar (glucose) is turned into "milky-like fat" in the blood.
    MAYBE YOU CAN CHECK INTO THAT-- OR ALREADY KNOW??

"When simple sugars are consumed, the body very quickly gobbles them up and converts them into energy, which leads to an instant spike in glucose levels, prompting the pancreas to begin releasing insulin. However, excess sugars that are not immediately used are stored. A maximum capacity for glycogen storage however can result in the liver converting this excess glucose into triglycerides [type of fat found in blood plasma]."

Other healthy options for sweets are: FRESH FRUITS.......... STEVIA......... AND ERYTHRITOL (a neat sweetener; looks like sugar, 0 calories, 0 tooth decay...)

3. Spinell

Spinell Fapstronaut

My dermatologist told me that the growing hormons in milk are causing the akne (and apparently cancer). But I am not too sure about that.

I think, that i once read in a scientific journal, that glucose is not metabolized in the liver. But fructose is. So fructose can lead to a damaged liver or a fatty liver. Both fructose and glucose are part of the sugar saccharose, which is the common houshold sugar.

4. Spinell

Spinell Fapstronaut

If you are interested, I can link you the paper later. It is open source. But its not about acne ^^