1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Recovery vs abstinence

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Shai_Halud, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Shai_Halud

Shai_Halud Fapstronaut

I've been on a bad relapse/reset cycle since I joined this community. Recently I found this thread: http://www.yourbrainrebalanced.com/index.php?topic=15558.0

That I turn led me over to recovery nation. It looks like have some good stuff going on. They seem to have a different take on getting clean. They focus on treating the root causes of addiction, as opposed to focusing on days clean.

Anyone here have any experience with them? I am thinking of starting their self paced recovery program.

Bigballs likes this.
  2. LESIO

LESIO Fapstronaut

Interesting read. I definitely agree with many topics.

Bottom line, deep inside you have to NEED (not want) to leave P addiction. Some people "on the surface" want to leave, when really they think it makes them feel secure. I'm slowly starting to realize this and it's making me want to live a better lifestyle, so I am walking away from P and M now.

3. Gasparzinho

Gasparzinho Fapstronaut

4. Popeye87

Popeye87 Fapstronaut

I'm gonna be reading this cos it's what I'm most interested in..i believe it's all about recovery not just d days clean.thanks mate

5. ADC

ADC Fapstronaut

Found this is thread like a week or two ago, most interesting thread about the recovery I even seen. I've been doing pretty much this from the start (21 days now) without even noticing it and I'm sure this is how you treat your problems. Not touching your D for a week/three months/ten years is abstinence and probably doesn't lead anywhere. ;)