Rebooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Reboot Logs' started by PMO Fighter, Nov 16, 2016.

1. PMO Fighter

PMO Fighter Fapstronaut

Hi! I'm writing here my progress to free myself from PMO addiction. The last time I masturbated was 6 days ago and I was reading a gay comic, but I don't want to get into particulars because I feel ashamed of it and I just want to forget it. The same day I discovered NoFap and read about the consequences of PMO. I understood that doubts about my sexual orientation were caused by PMO, as well as stress, depression and other negative feelings. Since these feeling were almost overwhelming me, I decided to stop masturbating. Now it's been 5 days with no PMO at all.
    So how am I feeling right now? Better and worse at the same time. Better, because I'm not caring anymore about my sexual orientation, I'm just living my life. The day I'll fall in love with somebody will come by itself. Worse, because my intention is to suddenly stop a habit I have since I was 11-12. It is terrible, I know. :( The urges of PMO are very strong. But I need to get over them and free myself, because PMO is like chains that keep you blocked in a fake world. I'm aware of this now.
    This night I had a dream of a guy (someone who doesn't exist in reality) who wanted to have sex with me and I was sexually aroused, but managed to resist.
    And now I'm writing here, because with your support I feel like I can reach 90 days with no PMO. I won't update very otfen though, so if you have no news about me it's because I'm fine and PMO-free. Thanks for reading!

2. Feelsbadman

Feelsbadman Fapstronaut

3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

We will be here to encourage you whenever you do return.

4. PMO Fighter

PMO Fighter Fapstronaut

Thanks guys. Your messages do really encourage me. Right now it's 6 days with no PMO. :)

WuTangFinancial, Varthix and D . J . like this.
  5. PMO Fighter

PMO Fighter Fapstronaut

Today I wrote in this thread my progress: https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...rn-to-love-withdrawals.204291/#message-364661

I'll copy my answer here, too:
    Today's been terrible for me. As usual I had to study, but I was tired, not focused enough and the urge to fap was insane. I felt like I needed to release my semen, that I couldn't keep going with this challenge. I immediately forgot all the reasons why I registered to NoFap and doubted about this community's principles. I seriously made researches on Google but at the end, somehow, I managed to control myself. In two occasions I was about to relapse, though and it was a miracle I stopped. When I logged into NoFap this evening the first thing I saw was this post. I read it and watched the video you linked. Right now I'm preety sure you're right and there are real benefits in stopping PMO. Thank you for this and for all your efforts. You're basically helping me with my life. I admit I still have some doubts, because this afternoon I read on a thread of this forum some people saying that it's OK to masturbate, others saying the opposite, etc. Anyway, my concern now should be rebooting, so what comes after should not be an issue right now. Urges are an issue, though. Today I managed to resist, but tomorrow? And the days after tomorrow? I'm worried about this. It's been 11 days since I started this 90-days challenge and it's my first attempt, too. I don't want to relapse, because that would mean that I wasted time, that I have to reset the counter. I want to keep going, now I clearly remember the last time I fapped, I remember I was not feeling well but I also know that tomorrow I'll be tempted to relapse, 100% sure. It'll be a challenge every day from now on and hopefully, with the help of this community, I'll quit PMO once for all. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to write all my thoughts here, today was the toughest one so far. Thanks again.

P.S.: I'm sleepy now that I'm writing and I can assure you I almost never used to fap during the night, so I'm absolutely free from sexual insticts. My concern is that tomorrow, during the day, I'll feel horny again and maybe it'll be even harder to deal with it. Wish me good luck and... good night! (It's 00:00 here) ^^

D . J . likes this.
  6. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Take one day at a time. Deal with the moment you are currently in, that moment may be difficult enough.

PMO Fighter likes this.
  7. PMO Fighter

PMO Fighter Fapstronaut

Exactly twenty days have passed since the last time I masturbated. I'm writing here because I'm very tired today and couldn't study much. I got several urges during these days. For some reason, Sunday is the hardest day of the week to resist PMO, but I managed to keep going with this challenge. I'm understanding the problem thanks to this community and I believe I'm making progress: after all, when the urges come it's because I'm not feeding my brain with dopamine anymore. Someday, I hope soon but I will be patient, I won't feel like I need PMO anymore, so I'm determined to continue my rebooting process. Thanks guys!

br7793 and D . J . like this.
  8. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Congratulations on making 20 days! That's awesome!

PMO Fighter likes this.
  9. PMO Fighter

PMO Fighter Fapstronaut

I've passed the 30th day! :)
    But some interesting things have happened in the last week. Last Sunday I felt horrible, I think that may have been a turning point. I was almost feeling sick, I guess it's because I was still divided between the part of me that wanted to keep masturbating and the part that wanted to stop PMO. At a certain point I decided to masturbate again and to forget about the challenge, but fortunately the rational part of me stopped me from doing that. It wasn't worth it.
    Everything went as usual until this night: I had my first wet dream. Actually, I don't remember anything except the feeling of eiaculating which woke me up. I hope it doesn't count as a relapse, because I was sleeping, I wasn't conscious about what was happening, so I could do nothing to stop... I was expecting a wet dream in these days, but I've always had a certain idea of orgasm and what happened this night wasn't the same thing. It was deeper... and more natural. I think it was another turning point. What do you think guys?

D . J . likes this.
  10. joarev85

joarev85 Fapstronaut

Wet dreams doesn't count as relapse. Keep up the good work bro.

PMO Fighter and D . J . like this.
  11. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Congratulations on 30 days!!!

PMO Fighter likes this.
  12. PMO Fighter

PMO Fighter Fapstronaut

Thank you guys :)
    Sadly I noticed that my performances when playing tennis dropped today. Now I know for sure that having my sperm in my body is healthy. And after some days it will be back and I will feel great again (no PMO, of course).

D . J . likes this.
  13. peraaclom

peraaclom Fapstronaut

30 days is huge!!

Keep strong my friend!

14. joarev85

joarev85 Fapstronaut

Yeah, I think about WD-O's that you loose some sperm, but not for a long period. You will be quickly back. I think those O's are maybe...closely related to O with real-life person and far, away from PMO O's because O's with real-life person also make you feel a bit drained for some time and then you feel amazing shortly after (from what I have read...)... or am I making mistake here? My opinion only. AND should be written that I am still a virgin.

PMO Fighter likes this.
  15. PMO Fighter

PMO Fighter Fapstronaut

Yesterday night I had another wet dream, I didn't wake up immediately and I didn't remember anything about it. This morning I realized that there was just a drop of semen in my underwear, definitely less than last time.
    Anyway, I don't really know how it would feel to have sex with a real person, I guess we should be patient and not associate PMO with real life, as you said. We only have experience of PMO, so any guess we make about real sex would probably be wrong.

LordReshi7121999 and D . J . like this.
  16. PMO Fighter

PMO Fighter Fapstronaut

So, 40 days have passed and I'm still PMO free! The struggle isn't vanished, though, I still have urges and I have to fight them every day.
    Oh, and since I'm rarely online here, in advance I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

D . J . and joarev85 like this.
  17. joarev85

joarev85 Fapstronaut

True.

18. PMO Fighter

PMO Fighter Fapstronaut

I had another wet dream on Friday and it was similar to the first one I had: I woke up and there was a lot of semen in my underwear. Do you think this frequency of wet dreams is OK? And will it change over time?
    Anyway, I've been PMO free for 47 days and I'm determined to reach the 90-days goal, but I still feel bound is some way to PMO, tempted, it's not easy to just forget it. I hope I will reach a turning point sooner or later.

D . J . and joarev85 like this.
  19. joarev85

joarev85 Fapstronaut

Me too. I am still tempted. On day 40 here. Do you think that we will get to hav sex with a real-life person when we hit the 90 day mark? Or is it just a lie? The chances increase I have heard... I think your wet dreams are just fine. It is your body cleaning up in your brain. However do you fantasize alot? I tried to stop fantasizing much in this journey and I must say that my wet -dreams are less. I have only had 1 or 2 within the last 40 days so maybe...it has something to do with you are thinking alot about sex...which is of course natural. We are very fertile now after days of nofap and should find a mate...our brain knows that... Still maybe this is just temporary and our brain will change.

PMO Fighter likes this.
  20. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Please understand, the 90-days is not some magic number and at Day 90, some miracle will happen. No, it won't. The 90-day challenge is not a 3-month fix but a huge step in the rewiring of your mind and body. The goal should not be "in 90 days I can have sex", if that is the main reason anyone is doing this, you may find yourself disappointed. Could it happen, sure! The results are not the same for everyone and result do vary. The purpose of NoFap is to reset you mind and "rewire" yourself back to the way you were before you began PMO and as a result, better sexual intimacy can be achieved. Everyone must look at a larger picture not only better sex.

Wet dreams are the body's way of cleaning itself of excess semen and you are probably having multiple dreams because your body is accustomed to you fapping to excrete semen. You have told your body over a period of time "I will be in charge of manual orgasm" and have trained it to do so. Since you have stopped manually orgasms, it is defaulting to what it would have normally done itself. They will eventually stop as your body resets itself. Because they are natural, they are not considered relapses or counter resets. They are only annoying and messy.