1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Journal Writing Technique: Expanded Bullet Points

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by 1978, Jun 5, 2019.

1. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

Following on from Powerful Journal Writing Technique: The Unsent Letter, I would just like to share a different journal writing technique. This is one that I have been using just recently.

I do this about 2 to 3 times per day:
    • When I first wake up
    • Just before I start my day
    • When I've finished my day

What I do is I quickly make a bullet point list of the main things on my mind or things that have happened:
    • Thing 1
    • Thing 2
    • Thing 3
    • Thing 4

I then expand these things with quick bits of information about them in further bullet points (including how I feel about them), keeping them as brief as possible. If necessary I can expand some of these further if there are additional details.
    • Thing 1
      • Detail 1
      • Detail 2
      • Detail 3
    • Thing 2
      • Detail 1
        • More information
        • Yet more information
        • What I'm going to do about it
      • Detail 2
    • Thing 3
      • Detail
    • Thing 4
      • Detail 1
      • Detail 2

The intention is to get as much information down as quickly as possible, using as few words as possible. I aim to spend no more than 10 minutes on it, and sometimes it doesn't even take 5 minutes. It's so much more efficient than writing long-winded waffle like "Today I went to the shops and Margery was there. She looked at me in a funny way and I wondered why. Then I felt an itch on my ear, which I scratched, before going off into a daydream about donkeys..."

2. Thank you good stuff I will repost this and credit myself

3. haha brutally honest

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

• BuzzAldrin
      • Steals other people's stuff
      • Probably does other bad things too
        • For example:
          • Torturing kittens
          • Pushing old ladies into oncoming traffic
          • Taking toys from children and then throwing them in the canal

5. Omg This was supposed to be anonymous website... The bullet points tho, it's like you copy/pasted from autopsy reports. You're cold dude. Cold. You could chill my espresso martini if I held my glass to your skin. Dang! *sips