Put the login button on the home page/landing page of this website

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by Deleted Account, Jan 28, 2019.

1. I think it's pretty obvious that having to go through the create account button and then ending up with a login or signup option is very frustrating for many of this website's users. Putting the LogIn tab on the landing page is a no-brainer as far as good design thinking is concerned. It is still baffles me as to why this hasn't been implemented yet.

A Batman and The Lone Ranger like this.
  2. The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger Fapstronaut

I agree, believe it or not, this is not the first thread on the subject

3. Alexander

Alexander Fapstronaut
    Staff Member Founder

Because the softwares are different and adding in login functionality to the homepage is more complicated than just adding login fields, especially with page caching. And time/money mostly since we don't have the time/money to tackle nonpriority items.

4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut

You only signed up yesterday, so how do know that this is "very frustrating for many of this website's users"?

5. I'm a Computer Science student myself, it'd be a fun challenge for me to try to tackle the whole issue , if you could elaborate a bit more please. I'm not saying I can implement it for sure, but it'd something worth a shot. Thank you for this amazing platform , very few people would leave their cushy job at a company like Google to build something like this and help thousands by doing do. More power to you :D

6. The entire quote was "I think it's pretty obvious that having to go through the create account button and then ending up with a login or signup option is very frustrating for many of this website's users." I was assuming as a user, if something irked me it'd have irked others. That's all. So, I figured let's post it on a forum. Also, as long as I'm trying to contribute to making the website more user-friendly, it doesn't matter if I joined yesterday or 2 years ago.

7. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut

Maybe so. It doesn't bother me. And as this has been raised maybe once before, I doubt it irks "many of this website's users".

8. I apologise for assuming that my grievance was everybody's grievance.