1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Push-up Challenge: Daily morning push-ups

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by eldish, Jul 30, 2015.

1. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Fapstronaut

I just barely managed to do 40 in one set. So that's pretty cool, since I could barely do 30 when I started.

2. Stoo

Stoo New Fapstronaut

My personal goals and plan:

I love this idea, very clever and such positivity and determination from everyone in here, well done to all - keep it going!! I am going to do 10 in the morning, then each time I feel the urge I will do 10 more (I used to do a lot more but due to an office job and becoming fantastic at creating excuses I have put on quite a bit of weight that I would like to trim down on. At current rates I can forsee around 50 in a day, I will see and let you all know. I have done this challenge before but it was just when I got bored or remember to do it. If I was out in public I would find a park, or public toilet (putting towels under my hands), no matter where I was I could always do them and it felt great! So 10 this morning and we'll see how many today...this is my first day and I joined nofap last night. I am also going to give up alcohol for 30 days (looking to get to 90) as it is a huge contributer to weight gain and 'loose thinking', if you get my meaning. Here we go...!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  3. nuskavise

nuskavise Fapstronaut

cool idea, man! I might give it a go soon.

4. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Fapstronaut

"Soon"? Why not now?

5. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

Ok im ready to join the challenge!

6. Ninjacan

Ninjacan Fapstronaut

day 1: 17
    day 2: 20
    day 3: 15 (started doing proper pushups)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  7. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

Fuck I don't want to do them. FUCK I DON'T WANT TO DO THEM. FUCK I DON'T WANNA GOD-DAMN FUCKING DO THEM RIGHT NOW!!!!

But I'm gonna do them. Forty pushups, I'm going right now this very second, even though every fibre of my being is screaming at me "NOOOOOO!!!!!"

8. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

Did 'em. That wasn't so bad! Although, for some reason, I had trouble with the last five because I kept laughing (visualising Arnold Schwarzennegar doing them while screaming "GET TO THA CHOPPA!").

9. Ninjacan

Ninjacan Fapstronaut

I should be doing like sets and reps right? When you guys just put a flat number I'm thinking it's just like, non-stop X amount of pushups, but that's probably not the case right? or at least not the proper way to do it

10. NoFapturnat

NoFapturnat Fapstronaut

The proper way to do them is sets inorder for the exercise to be more effective. Sets allow your body to NOT hav a plateau effect which is reaching a point in the exercise that your body no longer responds to the exercise in the way it should because it has become ascustomed to it. So the best thing to do is sets whenever you feel like you are slightly becoming comfortable with your routine... Increase the Reps... Break yourself to make yourself ... Another vital bit of information exercise for a minimum of 3 days per week reason being after 3 days of inactivity that is no exercise your muscle begins to regress.
    I would make two of the tree days back to back and then allow a day before the other... Btw I didn't type this for Fun or for you to just read and be like... Yh I'm gonna do that and then just forget abt it.

11. is this group still active? 'cause i've always wanted to work my way up to 100 push ups in one set.
    Plan is do 100 during the day each day. Slowly taking reps from the last set and add them to the first one.

12. If it isn't active @Yorokobi let's revive the damn thing, today :D

Yorokobi likes this.
  13. johnwick

johnwick Fapstronaut

Good idea. I am gonna start at 10 pushups, and will add 1 pushup per day if I don't PMO.

Yorokobi likes this.
  14. johnwick likes this.
  15. johnwick

johnwick Fapstronaut

Hell yeah! Good luck too, will post results here ;) Or check my reboot diary

16. Good morning. Just did my 26 Pushups.

17. ImDaniel

ImDaniel Fapstronaut

I'll do 1 Pushup per day without PMO. I start tomorrow with 12.

Yorokobi likes this.
  18. david-ca

david-ca Fapstronaut

I like the idea.I start tomorrow morning with a set of 15 push-ups and will increase it every few days.

Yorokobi likes this.
  19. kevinkevin19

kevinkevin19 Fapstronaut

Add pull-ups, squats and crunches as well for it to be a full body workout.

Yorokobi likes this.
  20. david-ca

david-ca Fapstronaut

good idea but crunches are not good.they put a lot of pressure on your spine and neck if you use your hands behind your neck.There are a lot of exercises to strengthen core muscles.you can do leg raises instead.

kevinkevin19 likes this.