1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Pros and cons to only having 1 friend

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by superstorm250, Feb 8, 2017.

1. superstorm250

superstorm250 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I've been meaning to join for awhile now and today I finally did! And I thought I'd write about this since it has been on my mind lately, so here are the pros and cons followed by how I ended up in this situation:

Pros

#1 Don't really have to worry about having time for homework/studying
    #2 Have plenty of time to go to the gym
    #3Always on top of any errands that you have
    #4Have more time for housework

Cons

#1 You're stuck sitting at home on weekends pretty often
    #2 If there's an event, movie, concert or anything else that you really want to do, you have to hope that your 1 friend wants to go do that too and that they're available that day, otherwise you're not going.
    #3 Sometimes you feel different/abnormal because most other people have more than 1 friend.
    #4 You try to make sure that no one else (especially new people that you meet) discovers that you only have 1 friend.
    #5 Similar to #2, if there's anything that you want to do but your friend has no interest in that, then you're not doing that either.
    #6 If you lose this friend, then you'll officially have no friends.
    #7 You'll put up with more crap from your friend because you don't want to lose them and have no friends.

So naturally as we all expected, there are more cons than pros on this one. But I wasn't always in this situation, there are a series of things that led to this situation and I apologize for this being kinda long. Basically I used to have quite a few friends, but what happened first is that I switched schools in 10th grade and transferred to a school where I knew no one, while I knew everyone from my previous school since 1st grade. So that kinda made me go into my shell more since I now went to a school with a bunch of people that I don't know. I did make some friends at my new school, but I mostly kept hanging out with people from my old school since I've known them longer instead of trying to form new friendships with people at my new school. Well one by one, I started losing friends from my old school. And once they were all gone, I really didn't have any significant friendships with people at my new school.

I lost the first 2 because they also transferred to a different school at the same time that I did, and we just eventually lost touch over time. Then I lost the next one because I found out that he was just using me for my money and car because he had neither, then i found out that he traded my iPod for weed. But a couple years later in 2013 I gave him another chance because he claimed that he had changed, but I cut him off again in 2015 because I found out that he was trying to use me again, only this time it was because he was under 21 and wanted alcohol, wanted weed from me because he moved away and no longer knew where to get any, wanted me to be a DD for him and his girlfriend, and just wanted to use my phone to facetime his girlfriend since he didn't have a smartphone.

Then I lost my other friend after we had a falling out from me smoking too much and passing out in his friend's apartment and him spending all night throwing up, which ultimately ended up with my car getting towed away. Then his friend started threatening me with violence and I had a feeling that the 2 of them were trying to gang up to beat me. Meanwhile, I only hung out with people from my new school occasionally, then only hung out with someone from that school twice after graduating in 2012 and now I don't talk to anyone who I went to that school with. And in 2014, I started a seasonal summer job and met 3 new friends, but I recently lost them too because we had very strong disagreements about the US presidential election, which led to arguments and our friendship ending.

So now I'm down to 1 friend who I've known since 1st grade, and he has more friends than just me, and at times I feel like I'm last on his list for people to hang out with even though I've known him the longest, and we've been hanging out less often lately. He's also done some pretty messed up shit to me, but I didn't want to end the friendship because I didn't want to be left with no friends. And I'm in a bad situation to make any new friends because right now I only work with this 1 girl who I don't like, and school is just the teacher lecturing the whole time and no one ever talks to each other. Sometimes I wonder if I ever will get out of this situation. If you made it to the end of this, thanks for reading!!

parkurman123 likes this.
  2. thatoneguy123

thatoneguy123 Fapstronaut

One quarter is better than 24 pennies.. If he treats you bad then cut him off

Mr. E likes this.
  3. parkurman123

parkurman123 Fapstronaut

I feel your pain, it's hard to find a good friends. Even if you find one there is a possibility that he will leave you. I've had similar problems as you, and I learned that part of the problem was in me. I'm not saying you're a bad person, but I say if you want a good friends you need to work on yourself. I found that out on hard way. I'll give you a video that helped me.

4. NoMoreFap2012

NoMoreFap2012 Fapstronaut

I dont even have a single friend...